Red Sea Chariot Wheels?

by MissingLink 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Borgia
    Borgia

Ron Wyat claims to have found it not in the western arm of the red sea but in the eastern arm of the red sea about half way up on the western shore there is a kind of plain heading into the red sea at the end of a wadi. He also claims to have some some pillars with inscriptions saying this to be the site of the crossing of the red sea as described in the exodus account. It would place the dwelling of 40 years on the arabian peninsula where arabians claims djebel musa etc.

His claims are quite extraordinary and he does not support his claims with extraordinary evidence.

He also claims to have solved the time frame of the exodus and Moses stay in Egypt.

Funny reads though.

Cheers

Borgia

• RR
    RR

I think there is truth to this. I had one of those Biblical archeology articles on this subject. There were photos from under the sea.

RR

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I don't believe I've ever been to any natural body of water, from Lake Michigan to the Gulf of Mexico, which did NOT have old tires thrown in. I'd be surprised if this had not been happening for millenia, all over the world.
    In fact, someone may have once found an old broken wheel on the shores of the Red Sea, and used it as the foundation for the whole story that the Israelites passed that way.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

My father, an elder and PO, sent me this Ron Wyatt article. I did some research on him. Just google his name. There is loads of info on him.

What I turned up from a simple search:

Ron Wyatt is not and never has been a trained archaeologist. He is a nurse by profession. He has been disavowed by his own church historians some of who are actual archaeologists. (Seventh Day Adventists) He has refused to turn over his "evidence" to be carbon dated by any archaeologists.

Other things already found and mentioned by others. He has a history of making extaordinary archaeology finds related to Biblical themes, (Noah's ark, etc) He never produces any evidence for his claims that can be verified by experts in the field. Of all the thousands of trained archaeologists in the world who would just love to find famous artifacts from Biblical history, both theist and atheist, Ron Wyatt, who has no formal training, just happens to fall upon these extroadinary finds, time after time!

All Ron Wyatt proves is that there is a sucker born every minute, including my father. He believes in this flimsy proof which at this point exists of a photo of a chariot wheel, undated, with no evidence of where it was actually taken from. My father doesn't understand why I won't accept the "evidence". He thinks its proof of my wicked heart condition and pride. I'm starting to see how he fell for the JW spiel.

I told him the chariot wheel proved that at some time in history, some chariot fell off a cliff or a barge into the red sea. Period. If I found a car wheel in the middle of the Georgia straight, would I take that as proof that at some time in history there was a mass exodus of people from the mainland to Vancouver Island and God had miraculously parted the waters of the Straight to let them pass? Of course not! I would assume, at some time in history, someone through a car tire off a boat or a cliff , or at best, a car fell off a ferry. End of story.

Now, if at some time, archaeologists find an entire army of chariots buried in the Red Sea, and they can confidently date them to the time of the Pharoah of Moses, (which by the way, is also an unconfirmed time and person in archaeology), then I would be impressed and would be willing to reconsider my conclusions!

Cog

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ships sink, things fall over board. This is one of the oldest navigated waterways in the world I would be more supprised if there WEREN'T parts of chariots and equipment scattered from one end of the damn sea to the other...

Of couse if you actually sat down and figured out how long it would take for a couple MILLION people to cross the sea? Hell they would STILL be walking across! :-)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Right with you Cog.

I replied to my dad showing him the proof that this is a hoax. My dad is also an elder. I warned him that he really needs to confirm these things before including them in public talks, because I'm SURE that a lot of elders would just eat up an email like this and start quoting it as fact. I'm glad my dad is smarter than that. He thanked me for my research, and said he'd share it with the people that sent it to him.

I told him that if there ever was good proof - I'd love to see it. I'm not just trying to tear down everything, I'm looking for truth, whatever it may be.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

This is one thing I"ve actually dreamed of doing - going on a archilogical dive to see if "pharohs army" was down there - would still love to do something like this - just very costly.

• Mary
    Mary
    RR said: I think there is truth to this. I had one of those Biblical archeology articles on this subject. There were photos from under the sea.

RR, no reputable archaeologist takes anything that Ron Wyatt says seriously. As it's already been mentioned on here, archaeology---and in particular---biblical archaeology, is a slow, pain-staking procedure that more often than not, produces little or no results. Finds such as King Tut's tomb are rare. The idea that Ron Wyatt (who is not a trained Archaeologist BTW) could find some of the most famous artifacts in history all by his lonesome, is so far-fetched it's just utterly ridiculous. He has offered no reputable physical evidence of any of these "findings"---certainly nothing that could be dated and he has steadfastly refused to turn over any "evidence" to the professionals for examination.

Here is one man's first hand experience with Ron Wyatt and his claims: http://www.ldolphin.org/wyatt1.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit