Trouble connecting to JWD - am I the only one?

by Dagney 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Just curious, in the last week or so I can only connect maybe 3 out of 10 attempts. And when I'm in, it will lose the page after checking a few threads. It doesn't matter if I'm home on my wireless or at work with the giant T1 connection.

I was wondering if it's just me.

TIA.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

It's the server, this is a very busy site. I've had problems while trying to post a couple times, I come back later on and it works.

• ferret
    ferret

I am having the same trouble..when I do get in and try to go to another page I lose my connection....frustrating.

• free2beme
    free2beme

In the time I have come here, I have notice this happens periodically.

• erandir
    erandir

I've noticed this, too. For me, it's usually between midnight and 6 am Eastern Standard Time when I can't get it to work.

• flipper
    flipper

DAGNEY- I have been having the same problem this last week as well. hope it gets fixed soon

• Layla33
    Layla33

I believe Simon posted a message about taking the site off line for maintenance. I think they are trying to fix the server issues. :-)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The server either slows down or gets really backed up with requests and seems to stall. Being so popular, it may only be a matter of time before this becomes a pay site. Upgrades and bandwidth cost money and the ads probably don't pay for even half the bills it must be generating. Making it a pay site might even keep the nosy overlords from spying on us if it starts to cost them money....Not to mention anonymity would be lost when teh credit card slides by! LOL

• Robdar
    Robdar

It's been happening to me too. I'm just glad that it's the server instead of me being thrown into "the cooler" again. LOL

• zeroday
    zeroday

What do you expect from Canadian servers...OH god I ticked Simon off...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit