Mary imperfect, Jesus perfect

by heyfea 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Wow - Egyptian Mormons

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Interesting point, Deputy Dog, about Paul saying death came through one man.

Does he then contradict himself at 1 Tim 2:14, where he talks about Eve becoming the first sinner?

Not to hijack the thread, but there just seem to be contradictions everywhere....

• 5go
    5go
    Not to hijack the thread, but there just seem to be contradictions everywhere....

Is it not surprising that a religion who claims it is the one true religion despite being one of the most divided religions in history, and is also supposedly a descendant of a still functioning rival, and yet at the sametime ally religion, which also makes a claim to righteous exclusivity. Has a few contradictions in it's beliefs.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik
    "Mary was free of sin." Is this anywhere in the bible?

heyfey,

No! But then again Mary did not originate the life she bore to maturity. That is where the secret of sin is hidden. We can not see it or even understand it but this life is held in high regard by God. Without it we are dust. It is this life that comes to us from Adam, propagated and maintained by the blood we all have that condemns us. So we all sinned since Adam sinned, like it or not. Our life came from him and we all share this same (singular) life. All this business about perfect and imperfect is a smokescreen that hides what is really going on. False meanings are attached to these terms to confuse us. When Adam sinned he could not propagate sinless life anymore. And Adam never attained immortality. He was prevented from gaining that. His life had to be redeemed. The life that Mary bore did not come from this human source. It was the life of the Word that created Adam in the first place under God' authorization. This life (and the blood it produced) was without sin and could replace all of the human race it originated through Adam if sacrificed for us. We call this the Ransom even if we do not really grasp it. This is why resurrection will be the key. Our life at the time of this resurrection will come from this Word now called Jesus and not from Adam. This exposes another false doctrine many still have. Everyone must die or be changed. There is no walking into the kingdom alive by anyone in this mortal, sinful human body even if its sins are forgiven. The sinless body the the Word will give will still be human but without sin and immortal. Immortality is also something that Adam lost for us when he sinned which is why we all die even after our sins are forgiven.

Joseph

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wow Joseph Malik.

• bobld
    bobld

If Mary,mother of God is free from sin than why did she die.If Jesus is born of woman does not he have 23 chromosomes(female) and 23 invisible holy spirit chromosomes.Making him half man half god.

Bob

• OBVES
    OBVES

Adam was a perfect human being and became after he sinned imperfect . God changed his perfect status into imperfect. So ,the same God could easily reverse the process and make Adam a perfect being again. How easy it was then to give a perfect life to Jesus in the womb of Mary. And also note the term perfect can have various connotations. Jesus was in every way like us but without sin. Having the same human sinful nature he did not commit a single sin .It was possible only by God's power and guidance.

This may sound strange how he could have a sinful nature if it was certain in adavance he would not sin at all. It depends then how we look at that .We al humans have inclinations to sin and we sin but Jesus had inclinations to sin but did not sin .He had to be born of the sinful imperfect human mother by the way to inherit that sinful nature.

It was by God's decision that the death and sinful inclinations came upon all human beings after Adam . So it had to be by God's decision to reverse that by one man who is Jesus Christ.

• Observer17
    Observer17

Hi Heyfea,

My husband never ceases to amaze me with the things he asks me. Yesterday night he asked me: Why was Jesus born perfect when Mary was not perfect?

I said to him that it should be the same as having a surrogate mother...

Heyfea

I believe this question of why Jesus was born perfect when Mary was not perfect (sinner) and whether Mary was used as a "surrogate" mother is addressed quite nicely in the following article.

ONE BIG MISTAKE MADE BY ALL MANKIND!

...hope this helps.

Observer

• heyfea
  • heyfea
    heyfea

Observer,

thanks for the link to the article. I've never heard of this website but it looks interesting. I'm looking forward to read more articles like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit