Some Families the Women are Blessed!...Other Families The Men!

by new boy 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• megaflower
    megaflower

My parents were great. They loved you no matter what. I grew up during the feminist movement and my dad was behind it all the way. He said you could be anything just get a good education. He coached my sisters and my softball teams as well as basketball. He loved his kids, period.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Blessed are the men who know the women are in charge....

• loosie
    loosie

Hortensia do we have the same mother?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was the only male child in my family, and I was the youngest as well. My dad was nagged and henpecked, and he went on binges of drinking and violence regularly. I got regular beatings from everyone in the family, and was sexually abused by 2 women before I was 4. I grew up hating women through most of my childhood, but that changed once I got into my teens. I was taught that I was stupid and worthless and I believed it. It wasn't until I was in my mid twenties that I began to learn that it was the rest of my family that was stupid, not me. I've learned that I can outperform any family member at any task. My sisters were given all the breaks when we were growing up - private schools, extracuricular activities, music lessons, etc. Nothing like that for me - they had already decided that I was too stupid to undertake anything, without even allowing me to try.

W

• Casper
    Casper

What sex was favored in your family?

Most definitely the Men... My Mom waits on my Dad hand and foot. He can do no wrong as far as she is concerned.

When my Brother was born, you would have thought "God" himself landed in our house... My Sister and I were just sort of on the fringes.

Cas

• BFD
    BFD

In my family the boys ruled. At least the girls let us think we did.

BFD

• new boy
    new boy

Yes this what I"m talking about....

come on tell us what it was in your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

loosie - are we long lost sisters? Or is it just a JW thing?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

This is an excellent point to meditate upon - that no matter what Bible speak or Jesus following one is claiming following of, subliminal attitudes within ones home will dominate and perpetuate previous experience in spite of any Godspeak!

My feeling is that unless each individual is helped be their own god, be at one with themsleves and then be in position to help others do the same, they are victims of external forces and views without ever learning about who they themselves are!

So, for attempting some fairness of equality, I go nature beliefs again or ones which liberate individual thought and feeling!.

• odie67
    odie67

The women in my family are bossy. The men are silent. except for my husband. thats a huge issue for us. because men rule in his family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit