Girl dies as parents pray instead of taking her to the hospital..

by daniel-p 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Religious fanatic's! How could they not know it was serious, a month of illness?

hope4others

• oldflame
    oldflame

This is a part of God that I do not understand. Jesus said that if you had the faith the size of a mustard seed you could move mountains. Well if these parents had a strong faith and truly believed that God would heal, why did'nt he (God) heal that child ? I always believed that God was a God of his word and one who keeps promises but am I wrong ?

I feel bad for the parents because they lost their child to death when it probably could have been saved, and I have to wonder now if these parents still kept their faith ? I read the headline on the story but I did not read it yet. This is traggic for the parents and for Gods sake.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All that for a Baghead God that does not give a fxxx about anything about Himself. And I bet God does nothing out of appreciation for this wasteful sacrifice to that higher cause.

How stupid people are to not realize that all those stock prayer answerings are in the Bible solely so people can have something to go by in lieu of Him answering new prayers. I wonder what is going to happen to these stupid religions when a book (or several) are put out by those "secret societies" and/or individuals that rebut the Bible, and one or more becomes successful. Anyone that has a semi-open brain should realize that God does not answer prayers reliably to trust one's life on it. It is true that prayer, along with other medical or nutritional treatment, can assist in healing if only by giving the person something to believe in. But prayer alone is not an adequate treatment for any disease that is capable of killing.

And, none less than a child! It is OK to use prayer if it's a parent that only has a few months to live, knowing that it will probably only make the victim more comfortable during the dying process. (And they should aggressively use natural remedies at such point, knowing that allopathic medicine has not worked.) However, when you rely on prayer as a sole treatment on a child, something is wrong. If I can't even get God to improve my relationship with the opposite sex after He fxxxed it up, then there is no way in Hell that I am going to rely on prayer to heal a child.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Well, that is the ultimate test of faith, isn't it?

The problem is, that child is not their own body, and deserves to be subjected to the doubt of anything spiritual first, and let medicine do it's best.

I would put them in jail forever.

• nelly136
    nelly136

does anyone know anything about the unleavened ministries or the founders origins?

quite often some of these strange little 'religions' are the offshoot of something else, or a by product from when they leave another.

doesnt seem to be much about him on the net as such.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

The stupefying thing is that this even now probably makes perfect sense to them. How many times haven't we heard "God hears prayers, but sometimes the answer is no." ? In other words, whatever happens - or not - it's God's will.

Reminds me of the joke where a guy throws some cookies in the air and says to God that He should take them as a gift, but if He doesn't want them, the guy will eat them himself. So he tosses the cookies up in the air, and of course they come back down, God has "answered", and the guy can eat the cookies.

I've only read a news story in my own language on this, and in it the parents said "All we have now is our faith in God." or words to that effect. Pretty amazing stuff.

But to them of course, their child is currently in the best of care in heaven. So it's easy to rationalize for them, I'd imagine.

• Mary
    Mary
    Oldflame said: This is a part of God that I do not understand. Jesus said that if you had the faith the size of a mustard seed you could move mountains. Well if these parents had a strong faith and truly believed that God would heal, why did'nt he (God) heal that child ? I always believed that God was a God of his word and one who keeps promises but am I wrong?

Well hon, I for one don't believe that Jesus meant that someone with faith could literally move a mountain. IMO what he meant was that if you have faith, it can give you the ability to accomplish anything you want. However, I also believe that we're to use the common sense He gave us: if your child is sick, you take them to the doctor or the hospital. What these parents did is no different than what the Witnesses do: they apparently are prepared to sacrifice common sense and wait for their faith to do all the work. When the miracle fails to materialize, they're confused and don't understand why God allowed this to happen. Sorry, but life doesn't work that way.

What I do find baffling is that the police are "investigating" the parents to see if a crime was committed, but how often do they investigate when a child of a Witness family dies due to their 'no blood' policy? I really don't see the difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit