Any Jericho Fans?

by CaptainSchmideo 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Tonight was (apparently) the final episode, as CBS has made the incredibly brain dead decision to cancel it.

I liked it. The conspiracy plot kinda dragged on and on, but some of the other subplots and ideas (especially about the Corporatization of America, and the obligation of citizens to reject a government that no longer represents the interests of the people) were not normal television fodder.

Oh, well. It was a good experience while it lasted....

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Heard of it.

the premise sounds interesting, but i never saw an episode.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I wasn't a fan until they showed re-runs of the first season and agreed to make a second season after fans had a fit about it being canceled. I didn't know that this was it--thought it was just a season finale not a series finale. Too bad, because it was really good.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

About Jericho:

It really stinks to like a show....have it disappear and then read "SURPRISE! it was cancelled!".......and then to find out it had been revived and brought BACK....only to have it canceled all over again after a few new episodes!

I am not a happy camper.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I love that freaking show. I too was bummed with the whole 'canceled>nuts>return>gone' issue, but I think they took it as far as they could within the realm of the small town, without resorting to wild and absurd storylines like with 'Lost'.

I suspect, and really hope, they will do a spin-off with some of the characters but looking at the broader scenario of a new American Civil War... now that show could be badass...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hawkins was bad ass. Definitely a fan here. Watched it from the start and couldn't wait for the second season to unfold. It was touted as only the completion of the series when it was announced it would return. I was glad for that. Yes, it has lots of potential. If it weren't for the writers strike I'm sure it would have come and gone without any fanfare. The strike led to even more hype. Its just sad they won't carry on. So it goes. W.Once

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Jericho has been on in reruns on the cable SCI-FI channel.....and maybe just MAYBE, someone is developing new episodes to be shown there.

One can hope

• willyloman
    willyloman

Another fan checking to say I'll miss this show. I'm still pissed about "Invasion" being canceled last year, too.

• moshe
    moshe

I lost interest in Jericho. Jake Green was supposedly a hotshot pilot and when they needed to go look for medicine for his Dad, did they go to the airport and get an airplane out of the hangar?- N-oo, they drove a car over dangerous roads- when they wondered what was going on around them, did Jake get an airplane and fly reconisance? N-oo, they drove an old truck. The writers missed a lot of chances to make it a good show-

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I like Jericho. The last ep is on my DVR as we speak so no SPOILERS here thank you very much!

Some of the acting was so-so to me but I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stories (must be my Armageddon indoctrination).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit