Retraining our WT-controlled minds - THE GAME 1

by Lady Lee 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

Long hair is a sign of rebellion.

reality check:

1) Jesus had long hair

2) The bald elders are jealous of your hair's ability to grow.

• bite me
    bite me

To this day, I still don't understand that no facial hair on men.

At my church we go as we want to, even in our PJ's no one cares.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

AK Jeff

Shaved heads will get the 'privilage card' revoked just as quickly too.

Now that is interesting. My s-i-l shaves his head He is losing his hair and he says that by shaving it he doesn't have to look at his bald spot because it is all bald

Last year when my daughter paternal grandmother died he went to the funeral. I wonder what kind of impact his shaved head made on the JWs who were there? They wouldn't know that he is a reliable straight-forward business man who runs his own company - a very profitable company

Gads if he ever decided to become a JW (He won't because he sees how insane it all is) but would they force him to grow his hair?

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

1 Corinthians 11:14 mentions that men's hair should be shorter than women's hair.

• bite me
    bite me
    1 Corinthians 11:14 mentions that men's hair should be shorter than women's hair.

Then women should have the beards. LOL

• 10p
    10p

How about Tattoos

Cons
    Bible says "do not make a mark on your flesh"
    Wordly

Pros
    Same bible verse says "do not shave your beard". pick and choose?
    worldly? there are 6 billion people in 'the world'. anything a human could possibly do is done by some people in 'the world'. the world wipe their asses with TP, they wear shoes, and eat at restaurants. should witlesses not do those things either? this is a self-supporting argument. make a rule not to do something. all good jw's who obey the rule are then different from 'the world', where an example of this behaviour can always be found. which came first - the rule or the worldliness? was it worldly before the rule, or only after?

• 10p
    10p

oh whoops. I see how the game works now. I lose that round. anyway, I'm sure the tattoo one will come up at some stage ... I'm just ahead of the game on that one :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit