How have you benefited by leaving the WT Organization?

by Quirky1 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

My name......no more guilt, imposed upon me by THEM!!!!!

NMG

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Gained freedom to:

Widen my circle of friends and family

Enjoy a loving relationship with a husband who would never dream of beating or threatening me--who puts me before even himself

Obtain a college degree

Write for a living

Be a part of the political process

Have a close relationship with God

Develop my own spirituality

Think independently

Be unafraid of the truth

Love myself and others more than I ever thought possible

Recognize the WTB&TS for the evil empire that it is

Know that I wasn't a speail case and that many women and children have suffered physical and sexual abuse that was left unchallenged inside the organization

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

stopped arranging suicide attempts

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's a relief not to have someone constantly preaching to you all the time.....just LIVE.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I stepped off the treadmill..my life is not mapped out between Meetings, elder duties, talk prep. field service and the next meeting

I can think, I can be who I am , No longer trying to conform to something that is not "me"... I am not fooled into thinking that the end is near, I am not fooled into thinking that I know all the answers to The World's problems when I don't

I can relax here on a Tuesday night , playing the net and listening to good music rather than having to attend or even conduct a Revelation book study !

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Peace...I have peace. It is the greatest degree of peace I have ever had.

The peace I feel is the result of finally being intellectually honest about science, the role of humans on the earth, and the logic of evolution as an explanation for things.

I have grown mentally, more in the 10 years since I've been out than in the previous 30 years while I was in. College was definitely the most enriching experience of my life to date. I am so thankful for being able to go back to school as a middle aged man and succeed beyond my wildest dreams. It has been great.

Peace and Cheers to all,

Alex

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am fading so I am not really out all the way....but I am now taking advantage of a chance to go to college. In a couple of months I will have my IT Degree and will then go after a BA, MA an then maybe teach.

• MOG
    MOG

I actually got to know my family that wasnt JW after I left. My dad shuns them as well..

• MOG
    MOG
    I am fading so I am not really out all the way....but I am now taking advantage of a chance to go to college. In a couple of months I will have my IT Degree and will then go after a BA, MA an then maybe teach.

THATS AWESOME

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Absolutely in many ways , the doors were suddenly open to explore and to take in new understanding of thought and conclusion.

The WTS. intensionally puts a mental vise on your head so they can use and exploit you for money and power.

To me it was like wearing dark sun glasses on a bright and sunny day, once the glasses were taken off everything became crystal clear and beautiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit