Do JW's lie about incest

by doughnut 13 Replies latest jw friends

• doughnut
    doughnut

I have just been told my so called sisters husband committed incest, I have asked her if this is true, but she won't answer properly. She has never treated me as family because I am worldly, This man is an elder and has preached to me about being imoral, has never had much contact with my family, infact twice over the last 14 years we've seen him. She has told me I love lies and sordid secrets. Her children have either been in trouble with drugs and one has a child, she is unmarried. My daughter has never done any of these, yet she is the immoral one. When I asked her about this she said "Who could tell such lies" Well it was her own JW sister who spilled the beans. Is she guilty of covering up the truth. What a hypocrite. Is it against JW's preachings to tell lies. Well in her own words she has said never to contact her again. Is this a cover up or what

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

GROSS. How sick is that?! Why would the sister lie??? It sounds like you have a pretty reliable source there, and it is indeed a cover up. You know what the scripture says- before you point out the speck of dust in your brother's eye you'd better take the log out of you own. For someone who's supposed to be one of God's chosen few your sis has some major problems. BTW- Welcome to the board!!! -Potential

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

WOW!!! And WELCOME to JWD!!!!!

Tell us more....Tell us more.....Please......

NMG

• mind my own
    mind my own

Welcome to the board!

And, I agree...we want to hear more!!

MMO

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I have just been told my so called sisters husband committed incest, I have asked her if this is true, but she won't answer properly.

Adult none of your business incest? She dont owe you an answer, proper or otherwise. Its none of your business.

Or we talking child abuse here?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't think the poster told us where he got his info from.

Since the accused is your brother in law (if I'm reading this correctly) and you are estranged from the family to begin with, it's highly unlikely that the family has any interest in confiding in you with their dirty laundry.

In this particular case, I think you are too close to the situation and probably coming on too strong.

If the story is true, the family is in crisis and don't feel a need to be further humiliated and shamed. They don't want 'Ah Ha!! I told you so.'

I don't think is necessarily a case of JW's overtly lying.

-Aude.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Is she guilty of covering up the truth.

Absolutely .

Is it against JW's preachings to tell lies.

JWs would call that Theocratic Warfare - don't let outsiders know the real truth about what goes on.

Meanwhile make sure to point out everyone else's problems and project your own outwards

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Who tells the truth about incest?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think if we are talking about adults here...then ewww...that's it just ..ewww

But if we are talking about a child, ....then that child has to be protected now. do whatever you have to do.

lisa

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Who tells the truth about incest?

Exactly. It is ridiculous to make this a JW thing. Lying esp about things as uncomfortable as this are part of every day life outside of JWs. It seems to me somebody had some juicy gossip they wanted to share with no real questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit