Went to the Memorial Last Night

by B_Deserter 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• heathen
    heathen

I think the part about not defiling with women means they make themselves eunuch , not lusting after the flesh , that kind of thing and then the part about being virgins is about spiritual chastity .It doesn't make sense the way they explain it , since I don't believe women are in the remnant , I did get allot of static over that one when I mentioned it to my book study conductor .I couldn't stand to go to another idiot fest so didn't even bother this year .

• mouthy
    mouthy

I don't believe women are in the remnant , I did get allot of static over that one when I mentioned it to my book study conductor .I couldn't stand to go to another idiot fest so didn't even bother this year .

Oh Heathen That reminded me of an Elders remark to me

once. Telling me he KNEW there would be NO women in heaven because the bible told him so. the scripture?

Rev:8: 1" And when he opened the 7th seal a silence occured in heaven for about half an hour..( their bible) Ruddy nerve

• heathen
    heathen

Couldn't help but laugh there mouthy . I didn't say you wouldn't be in heaven just not a king with christ . I have a completely different out look on the situation after years of bad association on this board .HE HE

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    I guess the words "flip" and "flipping" are more acceptable to the JWs.

I remember not even being allowed to say OH MY GOD. How lame they are. I caught a look from the goon squad once when I said, "JUDAS H. On Horseback!"

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Heathen, I remember giving a talk on that very scripture back in the day. The WT line was that "defiling themselves with women" meant that the annointed hadn't defiled themselves by being atached to Babylon the Great, because as we all know, whenever the Bible says "women" it actually means "Babylon the Great."

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

The Memorial I went to also had a speaker from Bethel... the guy was obviously a pedophile. I've never been more sure about someone in my life.

Did a lot of congregations have visiting speakers this year? Every Memorial I can remember used a local elder.

• Sirona
    Sirona

But last night I did go outside and look up at the night sky and the full bright moon and pray and weep
    a sincere prayer to our creator for help and mercy.

Thats beautiful.

We (Gary and I) always admire the moon each month, throughout its phases. Of course, as a pagan, I see the goddess in the moon in all her splendour.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit