Went to the Memorial Last Night

by B_Deserter 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    I went to bed last night thinking, "man, how did I ever believe this crap?"

I went to the Memorial as well and walk away thinking the same thing.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"they spent a half hour on the 144,000 doctrine and about 5 minutes on Jesus."

Ain't that the truth. I hated that too when I used to go.

• uninformed
    uninformed

anewme wrote:

Frankly, I am very sorry that I have no rose colored glasses on when looking at any of the religions these days.

But last night I did go outside and look up at the night sky and the full bright moon and pray and weep
    a sincere prayer to our creator for help and mercy.

Very beautifully worded.

Some of us must be pretty much alike in our suffering. I cried today. Not because of the JW Memorial, but because after 45 years of being a witness, over 30 as an elder, I am now sitting out here wondering what the hell is going on.

I don't understand God and Christ Jesus. If they love us, why wont they give us a bone? Just a little push in the right direction?

Here we are in the middle of 7 billion people, struggling with the same questions men had thousands of years ago.

Give us a break.

Brant

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Do they still open the meeting with the song.....Jehovah our Father in Heaven.....Oh this is a most sacred night........etc...etc....?

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

My witness friend came over to my house after their memorial and invited me to go salsa dancing downtown... oh we had lots of fun!

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter
    Do they still open the meeting with the song.....Jehovah our Father in Heaven.....Oh this is a most sacred night........etc...etc....?

Oh GOD yes. Bethel has some god-awful songwriters.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

"...twas nisan 14 when his glory was seen...blah blah blah blah some other crap...."

Damn you - why did you start that song going.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i hit it last night too. flask of scotch in my bag, couple xanax in my system.

we darted in.....only one sis recognized me and she was sweet....didn't give me weird vibe, i knew her from 12 years ago.

then i'm walking out, right after amen....no, at 'in jesus name,(i make to the door), amen," and i hear, "hey Mono" (said my real name, i'll reveal it here soon enough), and i turned around and saw some dude i hadn't seen in like 8 years...he's been out for a while too.

i said, 'holy shit (his name)', without thinking that it might be a bad thing to say in front of a bunch of jws.

after we hugged i said 'it's fucking great, it's great to see you'....very funny b/c it didn't occur to me at all until faces turned around when i swore.

good times.

yeah, the recruitment bs is still the majority of the 'celebration'. they had a bunch of old brochures, i forgot to steal them, in the back library.....one was people walking to paradise while the city burned behind them and i pointed it out to my wife, 'won't it be great one day when people will burn in those buildings and die horrid deaths so jehovah's people can have paradise'.

• knock knock
    knock knock

They used "twas" in a song?? lol Sounds kinda hollidayish I suppose.

• mouthy
    mouthy

But last night I did go outside and look up at the night sky and the full bright moon and pray and weep
    a sincere prayer to our creator for help and mercy.
    Now THAT Is what Mouthy calls WORSHIP!!!!Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit