The Lamb

by real one 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

I don't mean to diminish the sacrafice of Jesus, however, I don't recall anywhere in His teachings that His death was what was important. Clearly though He called for us to follow His "teachings" whether by word or deed. So I would conclude His life was more important a lesson than the manner or reality of His death. carmel

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear carmel...

God the Father said that His death was important to show forth God's righteousness.

Whom God set forth to be a propitiation by His blood, throught faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed. Romans 3:25

So he shall make atonement for the Holy Place, because of the uncleaness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions, for all their sins; and so he shall do for the tabernacle of meeting which remains among them in the midst of their uncleaness. Leviticus 16:16

love michelle

• real one
    real one

we are comissioned to remember his death and to take communion

• myelaine
    myelaine

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up...John 3:14

to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. Hebrews 12:24

• parakeet
    parakeet

real one wrote: "I was just wondering about if the jw will be saved as they claim to be and do the scriptures justify their claim."

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

To me it depends on what exactly are you getting 'saved' from... I see the comments of many people here... people to whom my heart goes out because I understand perfectly their pain, shortcomings, lost of self esteem and the constant 'doubt oriented' thought process that is common to all who have fled a mind controlling soul destroying sect like the Jws...

And some still struggle with the beliefs ingrained into their neurons... "Salvation" and whatnot regarding religion... but you can perceive the chains that still ensare their thought process. One would believe that after leaving the JWs, you would feel SAVED, but we still need biblical myths and tribal stories to make sense of our own lives If so, no matter how much you pray to whoever you pray, no matter how much you post here trying to get positive reinforcement, you are doomed... doomed to follow stories written by MEN for the domination-control of other men. Jesus was a great teacher, I like him very much... people who call themselves christians I dont like too much, in the name of the teacher the worst attrocities have been committed... Jesus wept and if there is an after life, it is most likely he is still iweeping...

But if you use your freedom to understand that salvation comes from within.. that you do not need the promise of a bribe (heaven or paradise) nor the threat of death or hell, to be a good person and to do good to your neighbor... when you live without hate in your heart... when you follow your heart and concience in harmony to whatever you conceive God to be... you already are saved...

I found peace and I feel saved... I wish all the same

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I do not believe that Adamic sin controls my destiny.

Without original sin, I do not believe I need a propitiary sacrifice.

Without the need for a savior, I believe we all have equal access to the divine (rejecting, "Without Jesus Jehovah will have nothing to do with us").

Jehovah is God. What does he need with accounting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit