Why is today the only day of the year when I feel guilty?

by And He Ran 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• ninja
    ninja

don't try.......go.......or else

• free2think
    free2think
    don't try.......go.......or else

or else no cider for me?

• ninja
    ninja

gulp.......okay....cards on the table.......remember...I'm scottish...and I said these words......"I'm buying the drinks!!!"............bloody hell...that sounds so invigorating....ah to be scottish and generous isn't an oxymoron after all

• free2think
    free2think
    gulp.......okay....cards on the table.......remember...I'm scottish...and I said these words......"I'm buying the drinks!!!"............bloody hell...that sounds so invigorating....ah to be scottish and generous isn't an oxymoron after all

WOOHOO, i knew you could do it ninja. In that case please can i have a Cosmopolitan?

• ninja
    ninja

hey ....don't go overboard freet.....I was thinking more of a half pint of coke

• chickpea
    chickpea

ok... firstly i would like to say this is strictly tangential... meaning it might have only the SLIGHTEST degree of relevance to your situation.... obviously huge issues about memorial can be attached to the fact that your family is so deeply involved in the sponsoring agency......

a little background regarding what i am to offer: i have spent nearly four years working with survivors of ch!ldhood sexu@l @buse.... i am very aware of trigger words and trigger events, esp for survivors of ritu@l @buse.....

here is the tangent: in ritu@l @buse, there are crisis periods that revolve around what are termed "call b@cks".... programmed dates or events or even progressive ages of the survivor that influence their feelings, emotions and/or behaviours... often inducing intense periods of stress and disorganization, out of balance emotional responses to events, suicid@l ideation

at the very far end of the spectrum ( altho in my mind the WTS is a cult, i am not linking it to RA cults).... anyone indoctrinated in the JWs knows how heavily loaded the date is with all manner of judgment and expectation..... it is THE death knell for a dub to purposefully and with forethought abandon the "faith" to that extent.....so even seeking out to KNOW the date of the memorial is suggestive of a call b@ck programming.... very very far end of the spectrum but it might have some application

it might be a huge leap.... but the thought did occur to me when i read your post

(please please save any outcry regarding SRA .... i am not going to argue its existence, merely relating anecdotally the impact i have seen in the lives of very traumatized people whose belief in it is all that matters to me)

• free2think
    free2think

Oh ok go on then and can i have some rum in it?

• ninja
    ninja

as I said freet......don't go overboard....do you know how much rum costs?......he he.....go on then.........one.......

• free2think
    free2think

thanks ninja your a true gent.

Sorry for the hi jacking and he ran.

• ninja
    ninja

and he ran?......sounds like when you ask ninja for a second drink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit