The Future of the Watchtower Society and the Internet

by DT 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

They have really gone hard core against the Internet. But eventually I think inquiring minds will just want to know! So therefore look & scan the net

in the privacy of their own homes. Although most will be a younger generation a lot of older ones are just not into computers.

Hope

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It's my opinion the inter-net with its available information has indirectly placed itself as being the most damaging to the

WTS power structure, more than any other opposing religion or government organization present.

They held most of the volume and control of information that they fed to the flock , now with with advent of the inter-net they don't.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

This is the future of the WTS and the Internet, nothing, just nothing. The WTS can't tell the witnesses to stop using the internet when they themselves use it. They can't tell a witness not to use the internet for fear of this , the more the WTS protests the more people are going to wonder why? Is the WTS hiding something. People aren't stupid, and most of them are not robots and yesbot either.

Is the Society trying to hide things from the congregations and its people. Any honest person would say I can to use the internet and search for the answers I need. They the WTS called the Televison the devils instrument also.

There is a lot of damage to the Society and they know that they can't deny it. Do you know how many persons in congregations are afraid of the net, oh maybe a handful. They are the elderly in most cases. But even these days the number of seniors using the internet has jumped into higher levels, Not all seniors are afraid of advancement . Young kids of course are monitored by their parents. But as for the rest and as free thinking and free moral agents we have the right to know answers to the inner secrets of the Organization. The Internet makes the WTS look like a bunch of fanitical idiots.

Remember there are people who have never heard of Jehovah's Witnesses and I still find that incredibly difficult to see, but in consideration of the planets population being over 6 billion I guess 6 million seems pretty small.

This pretty small scale has wreaked havoc with the lives of millions of former Jehovahs Witnesses. I am wondering if statistically possible to computate how many people have been witnesses and have left and have never returned. I suppose you may be able to say the ratio is 6 million to six million. If the Organization stills uses that same old number 40,000 a year disfellowshipped leave that are baptized in one decade that is equivilant to 400,000 person and add that by sixty years your looking at about a figure of 24 million witnesses baptized who have left. Those figures are pretty high. I am being generous with the sixty year period because I recall them even using those figures in the early sixties. Now consider how many of them are not baptized but have left as they became older and leaving the parental nest. A lot of children dont' get baptized. I fear fro the baptized ones who at 5 year and up are getting baptized and imagine by their teen years many have left or been marked as bad association.

So maybe a few go back. Now a days many of them won't come back. Is this the internets fault?

Things look pretty grim for the Watchtower Organization.

Is the organzition feeling at its worse? I would say yes. They have made fools of themselves many times over. But then whose fault is that? The Holy Spirt? What a terrible thought that is. Because when God's holy spirit is working then the witnesses wouldn't have to fear. They know their goose is cooked. They either change their policies and lighten up or bring down their own Organization from within. It is newer ones who haven't much knowlege of the earlier years of the society and the society isn't going to volunteer that information. Should people let bygones be bygones or what?

I think of Moses, how many millions did he bring out of Egypt? Did God's Holy Spirit prove him wrong? Absoultely not it worked for him because God was behind him all the way to the Red Sea and over then into the wilderness then to the land of milk and honey. God had to scould the Jews many times but in the end there faith was blessed and they prospersed well. For many hundreds of years.

So what is up with the WTS, this they have forgotten what it is to be honest upright, not hypocritical, not liars and bloodguilty not protecting its people from sexual perverts and molesters. There scandal is there own scandals. You can't blame the internet and more then you can blame a television..

Orangefatcat

• Gerard
    Gerard

If my prediction of the end of the present evil world order comes true in 2011 AD the future for the both : the Watchtower and the internet looks fantastic in God's Kingdom.

Crockey! Another psycho profet!!!

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Evidently "666" was the greek representation of "www"

LOL!!!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Now, gerard and honesty, leave OBVES alone. You will only encourage him.

We have the ball and he's not allowed to play.;)

• Gayle
    Gayle

Only the very old people and the very, very poor have no use for the computer or the internet. Of course, the WTS doesn't have any use for those two groups either. For the WTS to deny the internet is like banning the television, television won.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I could see them going the Scientology route and giving the dubs a hacked browser that has the "Faithful Slave's approval as a safe browser for internet use." There are a handful of smart hacker brothers out there who would probably be tapped to make it.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

They already have current witnesses programmed in the most advanced internet nations so if they can achieve it there, how to rationalise?

Maybe what happens in JW territories in advanced nations helps them see what works and what doesn't?

Time will tell!

Maybe exJWs should be seeing what works and what doesnt about blowing all the lies and misleading reasoning?

• senora
    senora

The internet got me out and its doing the same for many many others and the WT most certainly is feeling it. As I'm fading out, I find that they are sounding so desperate these days because they know they are in trouble. I am so greatful for the internet, it is truly heaven sent.

But I would like to add that they really have people scared of the internet. A JW friend emailed me and asks me about getting the study article off the internet. I told her to just google the study article and maybe it might come up and she was like "but I can't do that, what type of site will I stumble upon?" She was referring to an apostate site. Then I was like, 'well just have one of your friends pdf it to you.' I thought, wow, it was crazy that she was so scared to google anything pertaining to the WT on the internet. I thought, how retarded, she actually listens to that crap about not surfing the net. All I could think was unbelieveable, I've got to cut these robot people loose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit