what a sad easter....my uncle passed away....

by FreedomFrog 19 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I just heard the news this morning. I'm a bit numb from it. He was the one that got the reunions together. I'm angry because my parents aren't going because it is being held in a church...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I am sorry for your loss.

Its ludicrous that your family will miss out on saying their goodbyes and that part of the grieving process just because of the venue in which it is to be held. Another example of the cult mind control. I suppose in that respect they know no different.

At least you will be able to say your goodbyes.

Gary /|\

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Freedom- So sorry to hear of your loss. There is really nothing to say, but think of the good memories you have of your loved one, and try not to let your anger at things you cannot control overshadow what you should be focused on at this time. Peace and Love, Potential

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

(((((Gina))))), sorry to hear about this.... sad how the WTS keeps families apart at the times they need to be together the most...

• Casper
    Casper

I am so sorry for your loss...

Such a shame that pointless rules make things so hard for familes, when they need each other the most.

Sincerely,

Cas

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Don't worry about your parents... just go and honor his memory.

Jackie

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. It is sad how even in death families are separated by the cruel and unchristian rules of the Watchtower organization. May God comfort you with the hope of resurrection in Jesus Christ. Pahpa

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((FF)))))

I am sorry for your loss.

I'm angry because my parents aren't going because it is being held in a church...

One day your parents may regret their decision. Of late, I have been comforting my parents for some of the decisions they made when they were still in the borg. Never forget that change and growth are possible.

You are in my thoughts this weekend.

Much love to you.

Robyn

• oldflame
    oldflame
    I'm angry because my parents aren't going because it is being held in a church...

And they call themselves christians ! Sorry for your loss and sorry for your bigot family.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That makes him a brother to one of your parents, my husbands mom a 20hr a month publisher has been to lots of worldly funerals in churches and no one has ever said a word to her.

They just do not have to announce it to the congregation I hope they change their mind, it may plaque them down the road.

I'm sorry for your loss,

hope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit