The United Nations, the Scarlet Colored Beast and the Watchtower

by jgnat 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat
    In the last 2,000 years what organizations would YOU consider Revelations two beasts? Do YOU think that we are in the times spoken in Mathew?

My general opinion on prophecy interpretation, is if we don't have the principle of love nailed down pat, we have no business trying to interpret the "higher things". I have concluded that the great mystery of Christ, other than he could be God and man at the same time, is that love triumphs over brute cruelty. (Mark 4:11, Romans 16:25, 1 Corinthians 2:7, 15:51, Ephesians 1:9, 3:3, 6:19, Collosians 1:26-27, 2:2, 4:3.)

I rather favor Leolaia's analysis that Rome was the wild beast of Revelation. In other words, the book has already been fulfilled. And, I think, we are living in the thousand years of grace where we are building a paradise here on earth, and learning to make war no more.

• DJK
    DJK
    Rome was the wild beast of Revelation.

Very interesting.

There was a documentary on the Discovery channel recently called, "Revelation; The end of the world". They talked about an apocolyptic writer called John of Patmos who wrote of armegeddon and it was coming "SOON".

In speculation, "soon" does not mean two thousand years later, it may have referred to the fall of the Roman empire. The documentary furthur speculated, Armegeddon already came and the book of Revelation was not meant for the 21st century.

Jgnat, there is a document in your first post indicating dates when the Watchtower society joined and then left the UN membership. Is it possible this document is a fraud? How can I verify it without calling the UN myself? My JW father is calling me and anyone who makes a statement claiming UN membership an outright lie and I need more proof.

DJK

• sf
    sf

If only this information was known by those sitting in the KHalls today.

It CAN be Known. If only those who sit there, knowing it, would grab their pride and spit it out.

We can only keep waiting for that day though.

It is up to them to get this info out. Not US!

DJK, the documents are not a fraud. I received a letter from the U.N. back when there was the letter campaign to straighten this all out. I'm positive it came directly from the U.N. That is where I sent my letter.

I'm not sure who else would have received my letter mailed directly to the U.N.

The only fraud going on here is the WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION itself.

sKally

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Jgnat, there is a document in your first post indicating dates when the Watchtower society joined and then left the UN membership. Is it possible this document is a fraud? How can I verify it without calling the UN myself? My JW father is calling me and anyone who makes a statement claiming UN membership an outright lie and I need more proof.

DJK, the link itself proves the letter is not a fraud. Unless (freakishly impossible) some hacker got in to the UN website and added their own content. Without being discovered for the past THREE years. In my opinion, if that letter won't do it, no amount of proof would be good enough. The UN doesn't want to reply to any more of these requests, and are dearly hoping to stem the flow. Hence the letter on the web.

I've got a hardcopy letter in my posession that I received from my own written request. I could fax it to you if you want.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Jaynat: Absolutely.

As a child, the constant rantings against the UN taught me that it was evil to try to make things better in the world.

Rather, TRIED to teach me. I completely rejected the thought that the attempt to get people to not kill each other was bad.

The the Society was condemning the ideal of nations getting along was the first mail in the coffin for me.

• dust
    dust
    I note that the society is careful to tag the committee with it's national origin, though the committee itself doesn't.

Not a big issue, but this time the Watchtower is accurate. There are several Nobel Committees, and the official name of the one that awards the Peace Prize has been the Norwegian Nobel Committee since 1977. http://nobelpeaceprize.org/eng_com_mem.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit