Jesus as Mediator

by One true Jesus Freak 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

"Your name intrigues me. Do you consider yourself the lone, the only, or the best Jesus Freak?" None of the above. I'm a single true Jesus Freak, of the many out in the world. I got the idea from the books "Jesus Freaks"

• MOG
    MOG

It might be good to bookmark these sites under religion or something to read later.

Thanks gofer , I've bookmarked several new sites today I had not been to.

hope

I agree..actually strongly agree...darn it.. that sounded like a "Few Good Men"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'll mention quickly, Jesus Freak, that "true" is a trigger word for ex-witnesses. The Watchtower drills in to their membership that they have the "truth" and that they are the only "true" religion. It's all a bunch of hoo-ha, obviously, but if someone successfully breaks away from all that, they are naturally suspicious of anyone who declares themselves "true".

• bite me
    bite me
    I'll mention quickly, Jesus Freak, that "true" is a trigger word for ex-witnesses. The Watchtower drills in to their membership that they have the "truth" and that they are the only "true" religion. It's all a bunch of hoo-ha, obviously, but if someone successfully breaks away from all that, they are naturally suspicious of anyone who declares themselves "true".

Do you think the Jesus Freak could possibly be an ex-witness? Should we be suspicious of this person?

• bite me
    bite me

Hey, I know I did not write that message. Could someone have got onto my section even though I closed the browser out?

• jgnat
    jgnat

"bite me", the only way someone could sign on to your session is on your end. Did you leave your computer alone, unsupervised?

As for whether Jesus Freak is an ex-witness or not, I suspect not. But then, JWD welcomes everyone, does it not?

• bite me
    bite me

I was at the school's library. I walked away for a moment, but I closed the browser. When I came back there was a person next to my station. As long as they don't say anything bad it's fine I guess.

As for this board welcoming everyone, I believe it does. I see all the happy welcomes that new arivials get. If that doesn't say everyone is welcome then I don't know what does.

I'm sure I have nothing to worry about.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just a suggestion. Clear out the cookies on your browser before you step away from the school computer. Also, if the computer asks if it can remember your password, say "no".

• bite me
    bite me

Thanks for the advise about clearing my browser. That is normally something that I do quiet often, just not that time.

Anyway. JF question got me thinking of ways to ask people the very question. I asked three different people (at different times) and they all responded with the very same bible verse.

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. They were strong about the first part of the verse being for the new covenant. I think the next question will be who is in that new covenant.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'll mention quickly, Jesus Freak, that "true" is a trigger word for ex-witnesses.

Yeah, you gotta avoid saying "troof"around X-dubs. It's a pavlovian trigger and they could go all Manchurian Candidate on you.

Not pretty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit