Jesus as Mediator

by One true Jesus Freak 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

Hi,

I'm learning my way around the board, I did use the search feature, but I was not able to find what I was looking for exactly. My question is, at one time JW were taught that Jesus was their mediator, then later they were taught that he is not. What is the current teachings of Jesus being mediator?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Now the Governing Body is the mediator and the anointed submit to local elders. Jesus only talks to the Governing Body, making them "the channel".

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak
    Now the Governing Body is the mediator and the anointed submit to local elders. Jesus only talks to the Governing Body, making them "the channel".

Are you being serious here, or just silly?

Do you have a quote from their literature that says that?

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "Are you being serious here, or just silly?"Serious;

"Do you have a quote from their literature that says that?"Yes. The "channel" is what all Witness literature is about. The Revelation book lays it out.

The same journal that dispensed with the 1935 heaven's closed door policy gave the submissive anointed directive.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Jesusfreak,

I don't ever remember Jesus being taught as the mediator for all Christians by JW's.

Here is a quote I found:

*** w89 12/15 30 Do You Remember? *** • In what sense does Paul use the term “mediator” when referring to Jesus at 1 Timothy 2:5, 6? In this text, Paul uses the Greek word me·si'tes for “mediator,” which term has a legal significance, so he is not using this word in the broad sense common in many languages. Hence, Paul is not saying that Jesus is Mediator between God and all mankind. Rather, he is referring to Christ as legal Mediator of the new covenant, which laid the basis for Christ’s anointed followers to share with him in his heavenly Kingdom. (2 Corinthians 5:1, 5; Ephesians 1:13, 14; Hebrews 8:7-13)—8/15, pages 30, 31.

You can read more Watchtower quotes about this here: http://www.jwfiles.com/mediator.htm

Only those in their "heavenly / anointed" class are considered to have Jesus as their mediator. The vast majority, 99.8% of JW's, are considered the "earthly" class and do not have Jesus as their mediator. These are the ones who also are prohibited from taking the wine and the bread at their annual Memorial of Jesus' Death, coming this Saturday to a Kingdom Hall near you.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It might be good to bookmark these sites under religion or something to read later.

Thanks gofer, I've bookmarked several new sites today I had not been to.

hope

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Only those in their "heavenly / anointed" class are considered to have Jesus as their mediator."

I would add that, according to the WTS, only the 144000 are part of the new covenant.

I can't find (in the Bible) how anyone can have salvation without being part of the new covenant.

If Christ is not one's mediator then they are not in the new covenant. If you're not in the new covenant then you're not a Christian.

So according to the WTS, the R&F JW is not a Christian. Only the 144000 are Christians.

I don't think the R&F JW understands this.

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

I had not thought about book marking. Not a bad idea.

• choosing life
    choosing life

What was it that Jesus sais about the religious leaders placing themselves in the seat of Moses? Seems the governing body has placed themselves in the place of Jesus. I don't think I would want to be that haughty.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You might find these quotes interesting. They refer to the Watchtower's own words describing themselves as God's channel.

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/god_s_channel.html

And this:

http://www.soundwitness.org/jw/christ_mediator_for.htm

This second website was found on my first google try. Google is your friend. Learn to use it.

Your name intrigues me. Do you consider yourself the lone, the only, or the best Jesus Freak?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit