Someone needs to shout the dangers of the Society off the roofs!

by escaped 18 Replies latest jw friends

• escaped
    escaped

The world doesnt know how dangerous or divisive the cult is. I woud liken it to "jim jones", but the death of the members is emotional and longer as they lose their identities, families and potential futures. They rip your life from you to further their agendas and the hell know what those agendas really could be. They need to blown the hell open and exposed. I am still suffering afteraffects 13 years after leaving. I was brought in at two and was swept in the home school craze. My life is a mess but I am sorting things out. The Watchtower Society IS responsible. I want closure.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Welcome to the club, Escaped. This site is a roof to shout from. Be patient. We do the best we can from outside and they have the cancer of deceit on the inside. I don't like their chances.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

to closure!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'd love to as well. Only trouble is, no one cares. I've found a more effective way...when I drive the courtesy shuttle at work, and I can tell that the person is definitely not a witness, and curious about who I am, I give them a brief rundown of my current problem. Usually they are quite shocked to hear about the witnesses mind control aspect. Recently I told this to a psychologist. Imagine what she can do with her friends, and then those friends telling others, etc.

Find someone who wants to know about who you are or what you escaped from, and there you can have a listening ear. You never know how your "anti-witness" is going to spread!

• escaped
    escaped

Thanks so much to responding! I have been watching this board for about two years now and was scared to join. I am sure there are a lot more exes looking at this out there who are afraid to respond or join. This is serious stuff that people are currently being put through and worse yet are taking their children with them. Does anyone know of other home-schooled ex- Jehovahs Witnesses? I hurt everyday from the affects and I would like to get better.

• Pickled
    Pickled

Welcome escaped! So glad you are talking about it. Everyone's experience is a little different from the other's here, but if you start to share you are bound to catch the attention of someone whose experience closely resembles your own. I am sure there are posters here who were also home schooled and would welcome the opportunity to share how they moved past the same point you are at now. Keep sharing, keep posting, keep reading.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

HI, congratulations, welcome!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi escaped. Welcome to the forum.

I don't 'shout it from the rooftops' but, I can assure you that every one of my acquaintances knows enough about the religion to ensure that they do not get sucked in by it.

Door knocking for new recruits only works if the target is completely unprepared.

If every ex-JW does their thing and tells their friends their experiences as WT victims, the pickings from door knocking will get pretty slim.

A well thought out presentation from an ex-JW can inoculate everyone within earshot far more effectively than if the same people read what you have to say in a newspaper.

One advantage of this is that you can get in an anti-witness without (hopefully) getting identified as an dangerous by your family and friends.

Cheers
    Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You should also familiarize yourself with other cults.

There is no point in 'saving' someone from the WT if they are still vulnerable to other cults.

Over the past couple of years I have changed my message from warning against the WT to warning against cults in general, using my experiences with the JWs as an example.

Cheers
    Chris

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Welcome escaped. At least you have left!!! Now you can start rebuilding your life and coming to this forum is a step in the right direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit