My life - A brief history. Part 3 (conclusion)

by Galileo 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks for sharing your story galileo - very moving.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    Just one question - can you do the fandango?

HaHa! That took me a minute. No, I'm not much of a dancer. Party on Dozy.

• magoo
    magoo

......"what god has joined together, let no MAN put assunder".......

( a·sun·der (-sndr)

adv. 1. Into separate parts or pieces: broken asunder. 2. Apart from each other either in position or in direction: The curtains had been drawn asunder. . .....last i knew elders were "only" man also.....although i must admit some feel differently...... magoo

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

thank you. thank you for writing this. sad though it was amazing bright spots peaked through. 'watching' you question and reason and figure out things for yourself was amazing. thanks again

• Deidra
    Deidra

Thank you for sharing your story with us. As long as you stay away from the JW, then you will heal in time. Congratulations. It sounds like you have your head on straight. You just have to deal with the feelings.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks for sharing your account Galileo. It is a valuable contribution to this board.

I really enjoyed the logic about the lack of scientific or historic evidence for the story of the Jewish exodus from Egypt. If it were the truth, wouldn't Israel's God have made sure there was a record left for later generations to examine? Having it recorded in Israelite chronicles isn't enough for me, because other ancient cultures have fables that are unbelievable too.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Galileo, thank you so much for telling your story. Your spiritual life parallels my own save the relationship with your wife. My wife and I love each other dearly, and she has granted me "intellectual freedom," although she also has similar hangups about her own thinking faculites. I count myself particularly lucky after reading your story. I think your 3-part essay has finally inspired me to write my own chronicle of leaving the faith. We'll see.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share your experience in such an open, honest manner Galileo.

I have a question for you that is, at this point for you, purely academic.

If you could magically roll the clock back to that fateful night in 2005 and have a chance to try again, is there anything you would do differently?

OM

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Wow. Impressive. Heart breaking. Honest and authentic. Thank you for the glimpse into your life, I hope this board can offer some healing and comfort.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It's apparent that although your mind is discounting Biblical authority and regulation of living, your emotion still functions with some subservience to it, don't you think?

Maybe this is the trickiest thing to be sure about - that your feeling and thought are now deprogrammed beyond the influences of a work you deem flawed and thus mere advice, to a point where you are sure you can construct a replacement 'thought-feeling soul' to progress and function on what it does now deem acceptable within its own logic/essence!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit