Watchtower in local newspaper

by lostinthought 16 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Each JW tourist visiting the local shops will benefit the community by placing a tract with each shop employee... the community is happyfied!

Eden

• freein2004
    freein2004

Well these are nice charitable acts. But what about the rank and file? I know many who are hard pressed for cash and the basic necessities of life at times. Why not start a charity for their own people?

How can they justify using this money for other non dubs when their own members are having hard times and still being asked to foot the WT bill?

Poor little old WT . . . They are damned if they do and damned of they don't by the ex-jw community. LOL!

• freein2004
    freein2004

Gone & Forgotten

Yes! Living well and happily is the best revenge!!! And hopefully it will help at least one person wake up.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

I remember the first time I encountered this issue going door to door. A rather irate householder pointed out that the WT donated a fire truck to the town of Patterson in exchange for it's tax exemption. BFD. The fire truck cost a couple of hundred thousand. The property taxes would and should have been in the millions after 35 or so years.

This in a state where middle class families routinely spend ten to fifteen thousand a year in school taxes alone.

If the UN doesn't seek to destroy religion, the annoyed taxpayers of NY State just might.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Not the reason. The reason for the ladder truck donation was Wat couldn't get permits to build the Patterson residence because the town didn't have a ladder truck large enough to provide adequate fire rescue, so Wat bought the truck they needed so they got their permits.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Anyone recall the WT speaking about the vatican and it's wealth?
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    I remember when the WT announced the expansion at Wallkill and that a ton of stuff would be leaving Brooklyn, the local response was "Good riddance." lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit