My Non-Earthshaking JW Encounter

by XJW4EVR 16 Replies latest jw friends

• yumbby
    yumbby

I can't imagine liking the Revelation book enough to spiral bind it. Gag me.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

He was just mad because he could not count time for the conversation.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Anyone who gets their Revelation Book (or any WT publication for that matter) spiral bound is pretty whacked in my opinion ! And then he has to carry it around and read it in the restaurant while eating ? What is wrong with some of these people !?! When I was in I didn't even want those fancy little plastic covers for the books, or Daily Text stands, or the fused Bible/Reasoning Book Super Deluxe bound thing with a myriad of page markers hanging all over the place, or the tract holders, or the "I The FDS" coffee mug, or the .....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"I love the FDS" mug? Hmmmm, I want one of those! I remember when we all had our green bibles rebound in leather - after the Awake had an article on bookbinding and some enterprising JWs started up custom bookbinding businesses.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Wait ! Is not a mailperson a government official ? A Jehovah's witness working for the government ? I thought that Jehovah's witnesses are not to associate with the government ? Ya gettin my drift here ? On one hand they don't support the government but yet you can go get a paycheck from them AEY ? So two faced it's pathetic !

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Dont you think a spiral bound book is a physical manifestation of how Da Troof goes?

You press the middle valve down

The **** goes round and round

OH OH OOOOH oh oh

and it comes out here.

Then it just starts all over again with another "generation" of victims.

HB

• Quandry
    Quandry

I noticed he had a copy of the Revelation book on his table. No biigie except for the fact that it was spiral bound.

I think a spiral binder for the Revelation Book is an excellent idea for these reasons:

1.It is more lightweight and portable. Can obviously be carried easier that a hardbound book to show your piousness.

2.It will last through at least five or six more times of study.

3.You can remove and add pages as needed as the "light" changes. "the inhabitants of Sodom will/will not be resurrected, etc...

4.You can be easily identified as a "hardcore dubbie" who would go to the expense of binding. That way you have more opportunity to dispense pained, frowning looks on "undesirable" non witnesses who comment on it, and gain admiring glances of those who are witnesses but not of the "binding" caliber that you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit