My Non-Earthshaking JW Encounter

by XJW4EVR 16 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

This one is not earthshaking in any way, but I thought I would share it in the hopes that it'll give you the same chuckle that it gave me.

Yesterday my wife and I were out on errands, and we ate at a local fast food restaurant. We ordered, and took our food to our table. In the table next to us was a Mail Carrier on his lunch break. He got up, and I noticed he had a copy of the Revelation book on his table. No biigie except for the fact that it was spiral bound. I guess I lingered too long, and he came back and asked what I was so interested in. Without thinking I said his book, and asked if the books were coming spiral bound now. He said they were not, and that he had the binding done himself. He then asked how I was familiar with that book. I told him that I was raised a JW. He asked if I was still a JW, and I responded no, I was not. His face then contorted as if he was in pain, and rather curtly said, "Well then, good day." He then huffed out the door and into his Postal van. My wife, who was never a JW, asked what all that was about, and so I explained to her, and we both had a good laugh. I hope this gives you the same.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

What? He missed the opportunity to get some preaching time in?

That's just rude!

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Fear injected 3 times a week.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

VoidEater: they can't preach to apostates. Only elders are allowed to wear the magical underpants which give them enough immunity to withstand hateful apostate lies!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

He screwed up by HUFFING. Now he has stumbled you and your innocent wife and brought reproach on the society. No on Jehovah, well more on the society since they are the mouthpiece, but still some gravy landed on Jah's lapel. He is going to have to be dealt with. No child molesting priveleges for him until they hear from Brooklyn......

• flipper
    flipper

XJW - I liked your expression, " his face contorted " ! That made me laugh ! I've seen a variety of facial contortions on witnesses when I anti-witness to them ! It varies from pain as you said , to outright terror, or fear on their face like we are the Devil incarnate or something. It truly is hilarious as hell. Good experience ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

"Well, have a good day!" ............"Why, thank you. Everyday is a good day now that I'm not a Witness anymore!"........."By the way, how are things in the Spiritual paradise lately?"

Outaservice

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

can you feel the love (contempt?) Or maybe it's fear of apostate cooties. Doesn't it make you want to buy some tarot cards and sit on their front step at the KH, laying out the cards? Just to watch them writhe in pain?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    can you feel the love (contempt?) Or maybe it's fear of apostate cooties. Doesn't it make you want to buy some tarot cards and sit on their front step at the KH, laying out the cards? Just to watch them writhe in pain?

I would not know about the tarot cards, but I have read a number of books that deal with JWs in front of them in restaurants and cafes. They run in horror, and I just gigle in a rather perverse manner.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, talking to people with opposing viewpoints is a dangerous thing. You could...you know....think things the Slave doesn't want you to. He did the right thing in running away from his problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit