Bethel Service Etc...

by Hope4Others 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Former Bethelite here of 10 years in WKL and BRK ...

I visited BRK after I had left ... The overall moral was way down. At that time rumors were swirling around as to the future of Brooklyn since by that time 360 Furman had been vacated.

So:

- THE OVERALL SPIRIT/MORAL OF THE BETHEL FAMILY IS WAY DOWN

- OLDER MEMBERS ARE DEPRESSED

So much for LIFERS

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I'm just afraid he's been so used to living the "society way" that he won't be able to adapt to the real world.

It's real tough leaving the security of the Bethel compound and then learning that you have to buy food (in a real store, not in the commisary), pay rent (and if you want a nice view, money talks, not years in FTS), pay medical bills (and this is probably what got them thrown out in the first place... the society is not keen on expensive sick bethelites), and pay gas (sorry, go to a regular gas station and oay what the rest of us pay, not cheap subsidized society gas).

Hey it's a lot to face if you went in at age 19 and leave when you're 45 or older. The congs will help to a degree but that does get old quickly. As we say in Spanish "a los tres dias el muerto apesta" (even a cadaver smells after 3 days)....

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

@ What-a-Coincidence,

Yeah, my friend has very low morale. He came home and lived with a family member for a minute, but I don't know where he's living now. I think the killing part that his "claim to fame" was being a Bethelite. I mean, he could ask fam and friends for money, because he was a "Bethelite" and now he's just like a grown man scrub or something.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    It threw me for a loop when I realized that there were all these *worldly* people who wanted me to succeed, but most in the congregations gave me a hard time for trying.

The funny thing about this is that while all these bethelites are being forced to leave, if you wanted to you could go back. They want and need college educatated members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit