Question: Is Satan The "Ruler Of This World"?

by Observer17 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Observer17
    Observer17

In the book of John alone, Jesus three (3) times referred to Satan as the "Ruler Of This World." -- See John 12:31; John 14:30; John 16:11.

My first question on this topic for this discussion board is:

(1) Do you believe this to be true? Is Satan really the "Ruler" of our world?

And for those who would answer "yes" to the above question, this additional thought:

(2) If we accept Jesus' testimony to be true in this instance, how do we think we can be rescued from this sobering situation?

Any thoughts...

Observer17

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes George Bush is "the ruler of the world.".....kid since Jehovah aint coming I say vote for the "messiah" Obama....problem solved!!! Remeber "God helps those who helps themselves" which in translation means Help yourself and give God the credit.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

If there's one thing I know about the character of Satan, it's that he is not the slightest bit interested in being a ruler. He's like Venat the undying, a freedom fighter and philosopher who wants nothing more than for humans to be allowed to rule themselves, without some 'god' butting in.

For Satan or Venat to act as a ruler of the world would go against his entire character and purpose.

• anewme
    anewme

I too have thought about what Jesus said.

In all seriousness I believe there is a very evil influence in the world bent on ruining all flesh and the earth too.

You see it everywhere. That is why Jesus said this evil was the ruler of the world.

But the evil doesnt have to be YOUR ruler. Your ruler can be God the All Wise and Loving Creator.

I think that is why Jesus added in the daily Lords prayer to be delivered from evil.
    It is easy if we are not on guard to fall into evil. If we are not convinced of Gods existence and love and authority over us or if we are cowards in the face of evil pressure we could easily become part of the evil in the world.

That much I do believe.

When the full moon fills the night sky Friday evening, think about the moons faithfulness and who put it there for us as a reminder.

That same faithfulness will not allow the earth to become ruined and dead.

I have returned to view God's coming as a blessing for the earth and all the creatures both human and animal who abide by his laws.

• real one
    real one

Yes I believe Satan is the ruler of this world as 2 corinthians 4: 4 states, but that does not mean he can do what he wants. God limits his power.

We can be saved by our faith in Jesus Christ. If you are saved then the fact that Satan is the god of this world will in no way interfere with your salvation.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Welcome Observer17,

I think Jesus was referring to how the human race is easily deceived into thinking they are doing the right thing when in fact they are missled into doing wrong.He said that because the Devil is supposed to be the great deceiver. I don't believe in the Devil , but that is the way they thought back then .There is a right way to do something and a wrong way,we just have to find the correct way.

As for who rules the World well in our neck of the woods it's the civil service , they do what the lawmakers tell them to do.In practice the people with the wealth and the establishment tell the lawmakers what rules and regulations are needed.The politicians just go along with the higher echelons of the civil service telling them what they can and can't do.

As for us, it's the mushroom concept ; kept in the dark with plenty of compost chucked at us.

Hope you stick around.

• golf2
    golf2

If not, who is?

Golf

• Satanus
    Satanus

I hear that he maintains a small office in manhattan.

S

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I like how Luther said it, He's God's devil.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, I believe the evil entity called Devil and Satan is the ruler of this world.

How can we be rescued? Believers are already rescued!

From The Message Bible:

1 John 5:18 -21 We know that none of the God-begotten makes a practice of sin—fatal sin. The God-begotten are also the God-protected.The Evil One can't lay ahand on them. We know that we are held firm by God; it's only the people of the world who continue in the grip of the Evil One. And we know that the Son of God came so we could recognize and understand the truth of God—what a gift!—and we are living in the Truth itself, in God's Son, Jesus Christ. This Jesus is both True God and Real Life. Dear children, be on guard against all clever facsimiles.

Blessed assurance!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit