So -- who (or what) is this "Jehovah," anyway?

by Nathan Natas 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi all,

I've been reading some of the posts here, and I notice a significant number of them make reference to "Jehovah" or something called "Jehovah's Witnesses."

Although I attended the Kingdom Hall services for more than 20 years, I can't say I'm familiar with the term.

Could someone enlighten me? What are you talking about?

Oh, and where in New York city can I find the WATCHTOWER that you all keep going on about? I've been to the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State building, but I don't see a Watchtower on the NYC skyline.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

This just some sort of reptilian, trilatteral commission, free mason conspiracy all propugated by the illuminati!

• real one
    real one

Jehovah is God

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

What is the meaning of this?

• Satanus
    Satanus

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/file/ 0401BA31-BF53-4408-A7B4-3DCABB07FA49/thumb.ashx

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Jehovah is a giant invisible man who lives in the sky. He made the entire universe but only really cares about the earth, although he largely ignores it. His massive ego and insecurities cause him to periodically smite people, but this is all just build-up to the time when he will kill all the people he has created unless they regularly tell him how great he is and beg him to treat them decently. Those who do pander to his whims will be rewarded by being allowed to continue pandering to them forever.

The Watchtower is the Brooklyn-based publishing company that Jehovah has chosen to warn everybody that he's going to kill them unless they do what it says in the books and magazines that Watchtower produces. After a century and a third of non-stop publicising, advertising and proselytising under the direction of Jehovah, said books and magazines are now read by around 0.2% of the world's population less than half of whom actually believe them.

• real one
    real one

fd- i am going to pray for you!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Real one

'fd- i am going to pray for you!'

I'm going to send some demons, and possibly, the devil himself to you. Also, several of my spirit helpers will visit you at some time during the day or night. Not only that, i will call for the dark light to totally surround you. Good health to you, and sleep well ;)

S

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

real one:

i am going to pray for you!

Translation:

"I'm going to kneel down and close my eyes; then I'm going to talk - in my head - to a big all-powerful invisible man in the sky, and ask him to alter his immutable plans regarding your future."

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My parents told me that I had to fear this jehovah thingy!! I fired him!!

rollingrollingrollingrollingrolling @ NN!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit