Why not use mass-media...?

by Moxie 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I was told that they were booted off the stations because of the way they talked about other religions in earlier years, its not too good for ratings and

your regular advertisers. Anyone ever heard that?

hope4others

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Actually, they had their own radio station for a while... my uncle was an announcer on it...WBBR. They made more money with the "preaching work".

Coffee

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ok I'm going to stick my toes in this pond

CONTROL That is what it is about. The WTS just cannot control how the person gets indoctrinated if it is not done by the face-to-face/read paragraph-read question-find answer. The prospective victim must follow the prescribed rules without the interference of non-JW material.

I suspect that is why they don't have a blog or guestbook on their websites - no place for questions that have no good answers.

• Robert7
    Robert7

To me personally, this lack of effective use of media is another example that this is NOT the truth.

If this was a lifesaving work, the WTS should use EVERY method to reach the most people out there. If this was all true, then the bloodguilt would be on the hands of the WTS, since by using ineffective means, they are slowing the preaching work significantly. Even the Mormons were running TV commercials for years...

You can't tell me that a "spirit directed organization" would not know better than to miss using ANY kind of mass media.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

It would legitimize them more in the eyes of the media and would open them up to be a much bigger target.

It would be very expensive, and like what was mentioned earlier what corporate sponsors would they have? any corporate sponsor who backed them would cause me to boycott their product.

They would have to have their own network much like TBN, but since there arent that many JW's, then no cable company would carry their channel as it would be cost prohibitive.

These are a few of the reasons I could think of.

• Casper
    Casper
    If this was all true, then the bloodguilt would be on the hands of the WTS, since by using ineffective means, they are slowing the preaching work significantly.

I hadn't thought of it that way, Good Point, Robert7...

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit