First time JWs have been at my door--post exit...

by Confession 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confession
    Confession

I was actually at my friend's house. Since he's out of town a lot, I stop in to check the chlorine in his pool, get his mail, etc. The doorbell rang. You guessed it.

It's almost amazing how fast the mind can put it all together. The door wasn't even fully open before I felt the JW vibe. Two older men--almost certainly elders--one a rather heavyset, sixty-ish white guy with mostly gray hair, the other a light-skinned African-American man wearing the requisite cap. (Can anyone tell me why this guy was wearing the same type of cap the JWs wear in Michigan--when we're in the desert of Arizona? Was there truly any need for such a big, warm cap?)

I saw the Memorial tract in the white guy's hand. Someone had already put one in my door last week. I said the following, in a perfectly calm and friendly manner...

"Oh, you're inviting people to the Memorial. Yes, I'm part of a family that's been Jehovah's Witnesses for four generations and more than sixty years. I myself was an elder for some time. I now regard it as a cult."

They skedaddled most promptly, wishing me a good day.

• cognac
    cognac

I wonder if they pee'd there pants - lol...

• megaflower
    megaflower

way to go, excellent response

• Deidra
    Deidra

Doesn't it feel good to speak your mind?

• Honesty
    Honesty

They need to make a trip to Bethel.

Their apostaradar needs to be calibrated.

• Moxie
    Moxie

Ooh that's too funny, good for you! Dropping the 'C' word will ensure that they don't visit the house again. Even the elders won't bother with "apostates" I gather ;) I wonder though, did you pass the invitation along to your friend? lol "Moxie"

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Funny, the whole time I was a JW I never once had them at my door. And I lived outside the territory of the congregations that I attended for most of my JW tenure, and I'm pretty sure that the local dubs didn't know who I was. I'd get a tract stuck in my door every once in a great while and that was it.

Now I get them all the time. I just shut the door quietly.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"Funny, the whole time I was a JW I never once had them at my door. And I lived outside the territory of the congregations that I attended for most of my JW tenure, and I'm pretty sure that the local dubs didn't know who I was. I'd get a tract stuck in my door every once in a great while and that was it."

Maybe those in that territory were playing the field service games mentioned in other threads, the soft knock, fake doorbell ring, etc.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

note to self: employ C word to skedaddle the dubs

• real one
    real one

its like you were a ghost and came to the door and said "Boo!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit