NEW TRACT CAMPAIGN PLANNED....

by sir82 38 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

"Stay alive until October or November 2008".

It just doesn't have the same ring as earlier lunatic pronouncements.

Thanks for the inside scoop. Got a scan of the letter?

• Honesty
    Honesty

My microscope and dental picks are getting impatient.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    per the letter to the BOE, all of this is strictly confidential

Thanks for the heads-up sir82! Also, I have a question.

Do these so-called "special" campaigns, such as this, normally have the "confidential" statement in the letter to the BOE?

At times I do let my insider info from this site out of the bag early enough. Even before the elders know about it. And from the vibes I get from them, they seem perplexed why I know before them. Even jealous.

But really, what can they do about it?Will the BOE be obligated to find out my sources or to inquire how I even know something confidential since I'm not an elder? I can alway say that an elder told me, but I can't tell who because that is also "confidential". Maybe this will make them start to lose trust from among themselves, thinking that info leaked from one of them.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• sir82
    sir82
    Got a scan of the letter?

Unfortunately, no. Another elder (Service Overseer) is holding onto it for now. But there was nothing earth-shattering in the letter, the main points are summarized above.

The PO is funny. He was solemnly charging us to be "confidential" about this, and how important "confidentiality" is, and on and on and yadda yadda yadda.

Like as if we were in the Spanish court in 1588 planning a secret attack on the English....say, actually that's a pretty good analogy for these "special" campaigns...

• sir82
    sir82

Do these so-called "special" campaigns, such as this, normally have the "confidential" statement in the letter to the BOE?

The past few "special" campaigns, going back 2 or 3 years, have included such a statement in the BOE letter announcing them.

I have no idea why it is "confidential" anyway - who cares? A new tract - big - whoopin' - do.

• Mary
    Mary
    Our PO, whose hobby (besides aggravating our accounts servant) is calculating new dates for "the end", gave this solemn thought after announcing this latest campaign..."This could be very significant, brothers...it could be that by October, organized religion has been done away with, and people will be wondering what it all means...the F&DS is preparing the food at the proper time."

I thought the last tract they placed two years ago was supposed to signal the Great Tribulation. Christ-----how many more times are they going to have these "special tracts" that are supposed to anger the public so much that 99.9% of the worlds' religions are "done away with"?

What morons.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

New tract but the same old spiritual vomit. They give the tract a new picture, move some colours and text around, and all the poor little cultists get worked up into yet another mindless frenzy.

W

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

If the FDS makes the Elders feel "special" by giving them something the sheep don't know...they in turn carry that "special" excitment over to the sheepels...whatta buncha crappola!

-BONEZZ

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

There is a new tract to be introduced, with the title "Do You Want to Know the Truth?"

It is designed to replace the "Do You Want to Know More About the Bible" tract - the goal is to use it to start "Bible" studies.

-Is this a trend of shying away more and more from their own message/teachings, either because of embarrassment or because their message as-is just doesn't create enough interest anymore, or both?

While I was still active, this seemed to be already apparent. Offering "short and easy Bible courses" instead of "Bible studies", then pretty much focusing entirely on the WT publications at the door, then a reluctance of saying who we were at the door, and now mentioning the Bible itself seems to be too "sales prohibiting" so that they've changed the name of the tract from "more about the Bible" to "the Truth". What's next? "Would you like to learn about an organization that will make you live long and prosper?" ?

Maybe I'm putting too much into this, but it seems to me they're getting more and more generic in an effort to 'hook' those who wouldn't be interested right away otherwise.

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, forgot to mention...

Notice that this campaing is designed to overlap with the presidential elections in the US.

Likely, the suggested presentation will have sort of tie-in with the unreliability of politicans' promises, or their propensity to become involved in scandals, etc.

Perhpas they are hoping for some election-time scandal to make people even warier of politics than usual? Then here come JWs with a tract titled "Do You Want to Know the Truth?", sounding like some sort of political tie-in.

Nice hook if the US presidential contenders screw something up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit