by jamiebowers 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jamiebowers
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal

Wow, that's crazy.

Kwin

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't know if the father was a jw or not. The article said he was watching a religous program. Unless it was "Knocking", I don't know of any other jw programs on television.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I wonder what religious program he was watching to set him off to this horrendous

deed? Might be doubtful if he was a witness, but it would be interesting to find out.

hope

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is a sick sad world and this is tragic. JWs are no better or worse than anybody else. However, if they reported pedophiles to the authorities they may get people help they need before the ykill someone. Lives maybe saved. In the end the GB has shit policies towards pedophiles

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

StillaJWexElder!

You have hit on yet another point isolating men as disposeable!

I will try to explain!

Tell me,if you can, of a similar situation any woman on planet Earth can put herself in!

You mention a pedophile guy in relation to this case!

Are you suggesting he was torn between leaving a daughter fatherless, he in prison, with a JW mother and elders controlling events?

And he killing her and letting himself take all the 'suffering years' as a disposeable human?

Is it possible for a woman to understand?

Is there a similar sitiuation?

Like - maybe she gets sent to prison for attempting to abort a baby that survives?

I wonder how well women understand male suffering?

Or do they think some are pure evil???

Whilst women on the whole are holy?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree with Jamie Bowers - there is nothing in this article or any other article I could find with Google, that states definitively that either William Redman or his wife Gloria were JWs.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, that is horrible!

I don't know if there was pedophilia involved or not-but it was certainly a case of child abuse and a nutso man-whether or not he was JW. I would be interested to what else was going on there. They lived in an RV park and have a child. That part could definitely be a JW situation. Even a pioneer thing. The tv watching makes me wonder. What was he watching on tv? Did the sick child say something that set off the nut in a way that no rational person could comprehend? Or did the child say something that would set of a nutty JW father? Like a discussion of gay rights, abortion, the trinity--anything. I remember being 12 and having some untheocratic(?) opinions. My mom was a pretty white bread JW and my dad wasn't in, so I got away with thinking 'out loud' until I was 15. Then I said the wrong thing to the wrong person. What if I had questioned a die hard JW about such things-rather than a merely loyal and loving 'pioneer' girl? She only reported me to her husband. If I had come from a truly mentally unstable home, what could have happened? I feel so bad for the girl, her mom, the neighbors. What a tragic event.

Does anyone else loathe the people who after killing an innocent only manage to inflict superficial injuries to their own person? That just pisses me off!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Like Nathan Natas, I read all the news stories on Google News and there is nothing to suggest that the family had connections to J W's bar the fact that he used the word "Jehovah". That does not prove anything.

One would have expected the neighbours to have mentioned it when the papers interviewed them - if the family had called on their doors.

Still a tragedy..Poor kid

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If you ever read Desmond Morris 'The Human Zoo' from the 60's you will see how this 'syndrome' is a well known male breakdown reaction!

He pointed out that it was established that in industrial nations man has much to take on from boyhood as a mental role!

Prepared to protect family as the leader!

Prepared to die for them and country id asked!

Prepared to work all hours to feed and cloth them!

Keep going when feeling utterly empty!

Do the above for years!

etc etc.

And it became a known fact that to leave his offspring without his support would be like leaving them to a world to suffer all its ills he felt only too well in his soul!

And so it is known that many a man at breaking point and pushed into feeling so rejected and worthless to think of taking his own life will first consider also the world he leaves his children in and may deem it unfit for their enjoyment and consider a kinder solution being to let them die first! Maybe women also have similar notions, there being so many now single parents?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit