Price of gas is a beeotch!!!!

by MsMcDucket 41 Replies latest social current

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Home heating bill!!! Through the darn roof!!!

Natural Gas 1 Year Chart
    WHAT IS SPOT PRICE?
    Spot price of Natural Gas is the current price at which Natural Gas can be bought or sold. It is the wholesale price that is quoted if you wanted to buy Natural Gas today. The price is quoted per Million BTUs of energy.

OTHER CHARTS

Crude Oil
    Home Heating Oil
    Natural Gas Spot Price

http://www.kcgasprices.com/natgas_chart.aspx

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I thought I should mention with regret that the continuing rise in gasoline will more than likely maintain itself in the long term , the basic reason for this is there

is a rising demand for it globally , particularly in countries like China and India this has a cause in effect of keeping a barrel of crude oil high.

Yes folks I guess its time us N Americans realize cheap and easy to pay for gas which we have enjoyed now for decades is finally coming to an end and we are about to go into the

European mindset that gas is not cheap so use it sparingly.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Well, I guess I'm going to have to get a "real" horse with a Conestoga Wagon!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

High prices are relative and in the long run will be good. If they remain "high" in the long run, the boys in Detroit will design fuel efficient cars. AMERICA put a man on the f+++++g moon - it sure as hell can design fuel efficient cars -but why should it when gas was ludicrously cheap at 2$ per gallon. The HUMMER is the most disgusting car ever built. 7 MPG!!!!

The electric car is already available. More rapid transport in cities run on electricity generated from other means. No more reliance on Middle East Oil - and no more American, British and other soliders dying needlessly.

THINK LONG TERM - it is all good

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    The electric car is already available. More rapid transport in cities run on electricity generated from other means. No more reliance on Middle East Oil - and no more American, British and other soliders dying needlessly.

The problem is no one can afford to buy an electric car.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The problem is no one can afford to buy an electric car. YET

This is an exageration- many (not no one) can afford yet to buy an electric car. There are hybrids. Also when critical mass is reached they will become cheaper. What is your solution? Suppose you wave a magic wand and gas is now 1$ per gallon -what now. Sooneer or later somebody has to switch to hybrids and electrics. You have to start somewhere

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Perhaps now Detroit / GM and Ford will concentrate more now on producing good quality economical cars something the other imports have been

doing for a long while now.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I like the idea of an electric car. It would be great for fs all the pioneers could fill up at the kh.

• besty
    besty
    England is about the size of Alabama. England is friendly to pedestrians and cyclists.

Erm the size of the country you live in doesn't increase/decrease the viable walking distance for a pedestrian.

Agree that UK is more ped-friendly but some European countries eg Denmark, Holland really shame us when it comes to providing infrastructure for cyclists - we are talking their own roads with traffic lights the lot...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Stilla, If I had a solution, I'd be rich. I'm working on it! I'll, probably, be fossil fuel before I find one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit