what did you get dissfellowshipped for and were you once "strong"

by looloo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

It's been awhile since posting here--I'm Apostinator's wife. I got df'd for adultery---a horrible depression precipitated my actions which included alot of drinking and rx pillpopping. I was one of those stories of the elder's/pioneer wife who "went off the deep end". There were alot of stories like that. During my df'ing time of about 1 1/2 years I cleaned up my act with the help of worldly professionals, worldly family, and worldly friends. By the time they reinstated me I had started to realize how unloving this group is and that I don't belong there. My last visit to a kingdom hall was the night they reinstated me. When I look back I think I didn't know how to leave or walk away gracefully--there's really no way to do it--so I got myself "thrown out" to try to get away from them. At the time I had done no research and didn't know why I felt I didn't want to be around there anymore--I used to think there was something really spiritually wrong with me and that I was inherantly evil. It's good to be free, but on some level there will always be some kind of "scarring" for having gone through such a humiliating and degrading experience. Today, I know who I am and am confident in my ablities and stand strong. I ache for those still caught on the sticky fly paper of "the truth" unable to seek their own personal goals and potential and individuality in this life.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I heard that there was a lot of telephone activity going on around the circuit the week that I was announced from the platform.

DA'd but would have been DF'd within a week or so because of apostasy against Jehovah's visible organization and openly disagreeing with the "Faithful Slave" over the UN deal, 607 B.C., Bulgaria and blood, Jesus - He ain't no angel.

Not very strong after I learned the truth about the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit