Elders Refuse to Testify (Update) - Case delayed 1 week.

by The Scotsman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

Blues Brother - right on!

I just had a thought about a post a week ago - they would stone apostates, but they protect child abusers. Truly fukked up!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

16 “Woe to YOU, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.’ 17 Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold? 18 Also, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.’ 19 Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it; 21 and he that swears by the temple is swearing by it and by him that is inhabiting it; 22 and he that swears by heaven is swearing by the throne of God and by him that is sitting on it. history always manages to repeat itself

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

These two, and the legal department are responsible for this traversety of justice. At least for now, I hope the California Court kicks their ass and also puts them in jail for subverting justice in this case. To my way of thinking anyway.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If this were a different state then I could imagine a legal argument, but this is the same argument and state that handed them their heads just last year? Are they insane?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

any new news on this?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    I sure wouldn't want to be an elder with the jws now. They must be in a mess, if they have any conscience at all.

Billy's watching this one very closely. Please keep Billy posted.

And Billy doesn't know why Billy is talking about himself in the third person these days... conscience maybe?

B the X-Bethelite... and maybe X-Elder soon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit