Elders Refuse to Testify (Update) - Case delayed 1 week.

by The Scotsman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

It truly is amazing to me that the elders play the same idiotic game the governing body does in not reporting child abuse to the police. These dickwad elders will not get away with not wanting to testify in the state of California as the precedent has already been set last year when the state of California courts ruled against " clergy confidentiality penitent privileges " ! So, bottom line is the elders will be forced to come clean with what they know about this particular pedophile. the Watchtower society just doesn't want bad publicity is all. And apparently they may be instructing elders what to do , because of that fact. Bastards

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I hope these elders get ripped a new one !

• sf
    sf

two of the men, John Vaughn and Andrew Sinay

Same Andrew Sinay? It would appear so:

http://www.squidoo.com/giblink

http://www.facebook.com/people/Andrew_Sinay/553424118

Is it any wonder?

sKally

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It seems odd to try and argue the same precedent that was just lost in the same state last year. What are the consequences of not reporting this type of crime?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

From the state of CA Codes: (c) Any mandated reporter who fails to report an incident of known or reasonably suspected child abuse or neglect as required by this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months confinement in a county jail or by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000) or by both that imprisonment and fine. If a mandated reporter intentionally conceals his or her failure to report an incident known by the mandated reporter to be abuse or severe neglect under this section, the failure to report is a continuing offense until an agency specified in Section 11165.9 discovers the offense.

• flipper
    flipper

WHA HAPPENED- Hey, that's great you found that information on the penalties for not reporting child abuse.You found this on which website for the California codes ? I'd like to know so I can show my elder father sometime ! Thanks for the info

• shamus100
    shamus100

Sickening.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I can't see how any logical compassionate person JW or not, can sanction this. I really truly hope they are sued and people see them for what they really are...

• moshe
    moshe

""Any mandated reporter who fails to report an incident of known or reasonably suspected child abuse or neglect as required by this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months confinement in a county jail or by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000) or by both that imprisonment and fine. ""

Thank you for that tidbit- six months in jail or get disfellowshipped- what a pickle for an elder to be in. I hope they don't expect to get a story and picture in the WT after they get released from jail.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the giblink thing sounds like a real scam. JWs in San Diego were involved in a scam sort of like that for a while. It looks like a version of a Ponzi scheme. No ethics. Get rich quick. Uh-huh. I still don't see why he's refusing to testify against the pedophile. And did you look at the Sinay photo on the giblink page? He looks like a sleazeball.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit