Religion - adventure or betrayal?

by R.Crusoe 14 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

To speak in a more personal way then, I do not 'feel' that at the time of my involvement with the jw's that my living soul was

not satisfied. If this had not been the case it would not have involved decades of association. "To thy own self be true" I've always

believed this expression to be true. As disatisfaction begins there is bound to be fudging back and forth, no one can just jump in

and then jump out instantly, unless they were in it for somewhat selfish reasons. (Imo) (seeking marriage mate, wills, paradise hope)

The exception to this would be born ins. I felt life was reasonably good but the bottom line I 'feel' was I serving god in truth?

I may have "felt" a victim to some extent near the end of my stay, but who is there to blame anyway? I "feel" very few men in the WT

could be considered of pure evil intent. I personally "feel" that all my life was valued experience. The only way I can lose is to retreat

into a shell and not learn from my past experiences. People because of a warm fuzzy feeling thought it was "the truth", now they

must reason their way out. But I do not have a heart of stone , "you must learn to live and love once again." I "feel' and believe that

life and happiness is about getting up one more time than you get knocked down!

So yes I feel my life way an adventure laced here and there with betrayal. But even at some brief points in my life where I "felt" betrayed,

I feel it is unwise to jump back into a deep and dark well of thoughts from which I have escaped. I choose not to be a prisoner of the past.

If I had not lived by my "present truth"understanding I would have knowingly been living a lie and not what I felt was the truth.

we must face the pain and sorrow of our betrayal and disappointment, and discover the movement of heart that opens to forgive in spite of it all. Each of us will find our hearts closed or feel ourselves hostage to the past at times during our journey.
    A successful spiritual journey always requires forgiveness--for others, for ourselves, for life itself.
    Without the wise heart of forgiveness we carry the burdens of the past our whole life.
    (How the Heart Grows Wise on the Spiritual Path by Jack Kornfield)

I also "feel" that my life has been a relatively smooth ride compared to many and therefore do not wish to offer any judgements against

anyone. I realize that many have suffered in ways beyond my imagination and to these ones I merely offer hope that their spiritual

journey is successful.

Caliber

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Value judgements are not what I had in mind!

I have in mind your reality of personal feeling about you as a person - an opportunity to say what you felt - something in my experience I feel I was absent of doing largely to preoccupations with prescriptive 'help' and Gods 'help' via reams of wods on pages!

That was a part of my actual feeling and so a reality for me!

Saying how you feel/felt dos not man you judge the provision - it simply means you are in toch with feelings about yourself and stating them as fact!

It's the only way to gather data about how religion or anything for that matter actually affects our inner self and then share it with others so we can each respond - hopefully in caring compassionate ways absent dictated expectations!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    for that matter actually affects our inner self

Ya, it was an inside joke i wasnt in on. Thats it? Big deal.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You're quite right Ipsec - it is a big dealif people are made to feel decades of their lives were some kinda joke and the one persuading them to refuses to acknowledge those feelings as if you are being devious or dishonest!

I believe you!

It's wrong that people like yourself are not taken seriously by them as truthful evidence about the harm they continue to cause humans and why I am beginning to view the harm as deliberate and not circumstantial! They have enough people relaying feelings of hurt due their shunn and family rift doctrine despite carrying on advertising their 'products' as give us your soul and we'll give you an imagined afterlife but only if you do so for life!

Heavily weighted in their favor it seems when they accept zero responsibility for such things yet keep getting recruits to do all they say and sack any who don't without reserve and whatever the cost to them.

Utter lack of compassion unless soemone can explain why it isn't?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Do any of you who are ex JWs look back with happy memories?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit