The night my dad was disfellowshipped...I gave a talk, blah

by mac n cheese 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

O WOW, man, I know who you are! I know who you are!

You're that guy who gave a talk the night his Dad was disfellowshipped, ain'tcha?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks for sharing -- what a friggin cult!

• inkling
    inkling

wow, that is seriously messed-up insensitive.

I hope things look up from here.

[inkling]

• loosie
    loosie

(((Hugz))) Mac

• Maddie
    Maddie

Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I am sorry for the painful things that happened in your family. I can only imagine the emotions you had giving a talk the night it was announced your dad was disfellowshipped. Your dad sounds a lovely person and I am glad you are still close to him.

Maddie

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

how cruel. How cruel. I'm sorry buddy, but your mother was out of her mind. No compassion for you at all. I'm glad your father is still in your life, and glad that your mother has moved on. Whew!

• lancelink
    lancelink

Hey, What a story, I got teary eyed reading it. I am glad that you figured things out, and now have a relationship with your father, I wish you all the best !

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

Thank you all so much for your kind words. They really helped soothe the pain I was feeling. Once again, the JWD people come through and I'm very grateful.

daniel-p: "insane and maniacally controlling mother" that we both have, I'm sorry you've had similar experience because that type of parent sucks big time.

momzcrazy: I'm sorry you missed your dad's wedding, the disfellowshipping practice forces us to ignore every natural feeling just to show obedience. I'm glad my dad is still in my life too.

Nathan: good one! Made me laugh pretty hard, I needed that.

everyone else: your comments mean the world to me. Thanks for the support and understanding. I'm now not so afraid of what will happen in the future, with me posting here.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello mac

That is amazing...You cannot make this stuff up ..WE undestand where you have been and from where we all come.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit