Would you warn a woman of an abusive man?

by cognac 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

My ex was very abusive.

He has a girlfriend. I don't know her. Do you think I should say anything to her?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Unfortunately, she probably wouldn't believe/listen to you anyway.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

A tough question!

If JW influenced or any religion really and now is in a different headspace the para,meters are changed!

So how to know?

She is who she is and may be his eutopia and he hers!

I dunno! Maybe he should warn your boyfriends about whatever screwed his head?

You catch my drift? Life is weird and one mans poison is anothers medicine!

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

HELL YES!!!

Whether she listens or not is her choice. Do your part to save someone else emotionally and physically if at all possible.

• cognac
    cognac
    Maybe he should warn your boyfriends about whatever screwed his head?

lol, I'm married now. My husband has known me since I was 15, so I'm pretty sure he knew what he got himself into, lol...

Anyways, I'm just trying to figure out what the right thing to do is... My ideas of what is the right thing to do and not do are changing now because I'm getting out of underneath the JW influence and I'm not really sure on this one. I don't want to look back and have regrets that I didn't warn somebody of something and I should have... I simply want to do what's right.

• cognac
    cognac

PS. I spoke to my husband about this and he support me in whatever I think is the right thing to do is...

Whether she listens or not is her choice. Do your part to save someone else emotionally and physically if at all possible.

I was on the same line of thinking as this...

• proandcon
    proandcon

Cognac...I'd warn her...wouldn't you had liked to have been warned before you married him originally?

Do it quietly and discreetly...give some examples of the abuse...if she listens ...fine...if not...you tried...she'll learn the hard way unfortunately

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I was asking myself what the female equivalent is and I think its the lying female who hardly ever truths up to her man?

Worth telling someone but unless they are suffering maybe its wiser to ask if all is ok?

I'm sure I could tell a whole lotta stuff on what caused me majot problems from women but I like to think they moved on!

Life is a learning experience and each of us change according to time and people!

But its hard to know just how bad some guys are lest you lived with them! Just dont let vengeance get in the way else you is taking love away from humans who need it IMHO!

• cognac
    cognac
    wouldn't you had liked to have been warned before you married him originally?

Yeah... Sad thing about this was that I called an elder to ask questions about his qualities and so forth and he didn't say any type of warning to me... Then I found out later he had known about some of his past... That hurt when I found that out...

• cognac
    cognac
    I was asking myself what the female equivalent is and I think its the lying female who hardly ever truths up to her man?

I wouldn't really think that... For example, he cheated on me on numerous occasions and that was the least of our problems!!! Anyways, it's really difficult to understand what it's like unless you've been through it or at least something like it...

Also, I wouldn't say vengeance has anything to do with this... It's more like what the right thing to do is... Its a question to me of what is morally right...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit