What Injustices Did You Deal With From Congregation Elders ?

by flipper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZYBLONDEB- Well, I speak for my wife and myself - we are glad to have you on the board ! I too, after being out of the witnesses over 4 years now - have truly benefitted from posting here after being a witness the first 44 years of my life from birth . I've learned lots of good , informative information here

• metaspy
    metaspy

I have nothing as shocking as what has already been discussed here.
    I have been mistreated by the elders.
    my story

Sorry I took the lazy way out - it was easier than reposting the info.

• flipper
    flipper

METASPY- My you were certainly dealt with in a extremely harsh way. When the elders meet with you - it usually is about finding fault in us. I'm sorry you went through this. Hope you are doing better

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this up if anyone had more experiences to share of unjust treatment by elders

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up for the weekend crowd to see if they wanted to share injustices they have suffered before ! Hope you are all well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

I'm going to be working all day and all night so I wanted to bump this thread up if people wanted to share experiences of unjust treatment

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The elders always sent their wives to hound my mom.

--> you see my mom was overworked during her good years, and had insomnia.

she told the sister studying with her "I cannot get baptized because I cannot do ALL the things you ask of me".

Her answer with the elder at her side was "no problem, do what you can".

I guesss it wasn't the truth because when mom could not go to night meetings, the elders wives kept on hounding her.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when I was dating my wife, elders also tried to stop me from dating her.......

"she's used meat, divorced women are trouble". they did not actually say that verbatim....... but the jist was there!

my wife is lucky (me too): I knew her since she was 9!

she came to my hall once with 2 friends, and a little girl.... (elders and others were gossipping about her "daughter"...... she was not my wifes)!

• flipper
    flipper

DA CHEECH- Yes, I really know what you mean ! I'm sorry your mom and you and your wife were treated that way . The elders tell you one thing ; then they expect something else out of you - pretty typical " elder " behavior !

And, I found out like you did - when it came to dating sisters in the congregation the elders really got nosy and could not " mind their own business " . I'm glad I'm out ! I'm sure you are as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Considering I was just talking about unjust treatment of witnesses on another thread - thought I would bump this up to get experiences from some who dealt with it - or overcame it. How did you get through it ? Would like to hear from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit