Generation till when ?

by Free 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Free
    Free

When would be the expected date now that they have adjusted the generation ?

What is the cut off date, being born from date ? is it 1935 for the anointed ones ?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No cut-off date for anointed ones. The JW's are free to think they are them.
    But the anointed no longer are necessarily more "special" than anyone else,
    and all are expected to obey the local elders and the Governing Body. TRUE STORY.

The expected date is "Imminent" and "Any Day Now" from now until it actually shows
    up in the way-off future.

The "Generation" is the anointed, so the date will arrive before that "generation" is
    completely gone from the earth. Since nobody tabulates the total of anointed that
    EVER lived (including at least 10's of thousands from the first century), they could
    keep finding anointed for hundreds of years to come, but probably will just change
    the doctrine again when they tire of believing this.

• Free
    Free

Are you kidding me, how can anyone still believe this bullshit ?

So much has changed from when I left , only 3 years. This might start a mass exodus, I hope.

• oompa
    oompa
    OTWO: The "Generation" is the anointed, so the date will arrive before that "generation" is
    completely gone from the earth.

Otwo, we have to watch the "word wizzards" up there carefully. I do not think they they have yet said that this "generation" is ONLY the anoited. So yeah, it is the anointed....but also the great crowd...oh and probably also everyone else on earth. Correct me if I have missed an "exclusivity" of the anointed being the GEN.....and post a quote if you have one.........oompa

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I for one can in all honesty call BULL SHIT!!!!!!! On the whole damn mess!!!!!!

Keep printing those magazines, keep guilting people into thinking they are a People for a SPECIAL Purpose. That's all it is any more, nothing more. Total control over millions of poor souls that were duped into believing that a PARADISE was being prepared for THEM. All they had to do was put their trust and lives into an organization that was chosen by god to be HIS name sake.

NMG

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I could buy the organization was sincere and misslead back in the 70's but to continue on with this end of the world and paradise bullshxt is outright malicious.

They dont care who they hurt or what lives they ruin as long as they can maintain their status quo.

And for most of them, their status quo is pretty sorry and pittiful.

Those at the top probably figure, I got screwed and I'm going to screw those below me so I can live in this ivory tower.

Those at the top are old and uneducated not even fit to be clerks at 7-11.

They probably havent paid zero into social security.

They are opperating on pure addranilin and survival instincts.

Probably more are in denial, and mentally incompetent. At least incompetent to live in the real world.

• Maddie
    Maddie

..........and the farce goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on................

Maddie

• Gopher
    Gopher

Oompa -- yes the change is in print. Before the 2/15/2008 Watchtower, their teaching had been that the "generation" was the evil folks who happened to be alive whenever the great tribulation arrived.

Here's the thread where this change was confirmed on this board (last November): http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/147354/1.ashx

Watchtower - February 15 2008 - page 24 paragraph 15:

15 Today, people who don't have the spiritual understanding think that there is nothing of "stunningly observable" as to the signs of Jesus' presence. They reason that all continues as before. (2 Peter 3:4) On the other hand, the faithful brothers of Christ, the present class of John, recognize this sign as if it was a lightning and understand its real meaning. As a group, those anointed comprise the present "generation" of comtemporaries who won't pass away "until all the things come to pass".* This indicates that some of anointed brothers of Christ will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oompa said:

Otwo, we have to watch the "word wizzards" up there carefully. I do not think they they have yet said that this "generation" is ONLY the anoited. So yeah, it is the anointed....but also the great crowd...oh and probably also everyone else on earth. Correct me if I have missed an "exclusivity" of the anointed being the GEN.....and post a quote if you have one.........oompa

jwfacts.com (http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/generation.htm) says:

"Previously, this journal has explained that in the first century, "this generation" mentioned at Matthew 24:34 meant "the contemporaneous generation of unbelieving Jews."* That explanation seemed reasonable because all other recorded uses that Jesus made of the term "generation" had a negative connotation, and in most cases, Jesus used a negative adjective, such as "wicked," to describe the generation. (Matt. 12:39; 17: 17; Mark 8:38) Thus, it was felt that in the modern-day fulfillment, Jesus was referring to the wicked "generation" of unbelievers who would see both the features that would characterize "the conclusion of the system of things" (syn-te'lei-a) and the system's end (te'/os).
      It is true that when Jesus used the word "generation" negatively, he was speaking to or about the wicked people of his day. But was that necessarily true of his statement recorded at Matthew 24:34? Recall that four of Jesus' disciples had approached him "privately." (Matt. 24:3) Since Jesus did not use negative qualifiers when speaking to them about "this generation," the apostles would no doubt have understood that they and their fellow disciples were to be part of the "generation" that would not pass away "until all these things [would] occur."

On the other hand, Christ's faithful anointed brothers, the modern-day John class, have recognized this sign as if it were a flash of lightning and have understood its true meaning. As a class, these anointed ones make up the modern-day "generation" of contemporaries that will not pass away "until all these things occur."* This suggests that some who are Christ's anointed brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins." Watchtower 2008 February 15 pp.23-24
    The generation is no longer said to refer to the unbelievers, but to Anointed believers. However, this does not bring Armageddon any closer. Because it is now said that the calling of heavenly ones may not have closed, and with no suggestion for when this may occur, there is no limit to when "this generation" will die out.

They even leave themselves a backdoor for this: "This SUGGESTS that some who are
    Christ's anointed brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit