A few wines and I hate the fact...

by sparrow 18 Replies latest social relationships

• sparrow
    sparrow

generally I am a cool, calm and collected kinda guy. No one dislikes me. I go out of my way to make sure of it. HOWEVER, a couple of wines, my brain slows down, I contemplate different scenarios and I always come to the same conclusion.

I hate this religion. Now I know how fake it is,

I hate I have family still in it,

I hate that quite few don't talk to me because of it (fortunately not too many in my case),

I hate people who sent you a friend request on facebook that find out you are DF'd delete you after all your history together and you haven't seen each other for 10 years,

I hate the hypocrysy (that spelling doesn't look right),

I hate the fact the PO of the cong I was in walked out of the pub he had dinner with his family in and ignored me even though I was sitting right in front of his way out and there was posters all around with my name on them saying I was playing that night ( I was in his bookstudy) ,

I hate the fact that my brother inlaw cheated on my sister and that is all forgiven because they go to meetings but they don't talk to me,

I hate that I can't explain this bullsh$t to my inlaws that are not witnesses,

I hate the fact that I can't expose this bills#$t...

BUT

I love that I'm free

I love that my wife and family never have to deal with this

I love that I am enjoying my music guilt free (and earning money)

I love the 8 hours extra I have a week (minimum)

I love that I sleep better and night than I ever have

I love - actually I just love. I love people for who they are and not people because of who they tell me they are

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    A few wines and I hate the fact...

Cheers!

alt

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Um. doesn't sound to me like your brain has slowed down. Those are meaningful observations.

So sparrow, drink to life and love and good music.

momz

• dinah
    dinah

Sparrow, I share all of your sentiments exactly! My Mom is still in, but she's the only one who was ever a Witness in the first place. My great-grandmother pulled her in. I have many, many relatives who are dubs but not immediate family.

Be thankful your children will be brought up without that constant fear and feelings of unworthiness. You have given them a better life. The fact that you have a wife who won't dump you for disagreeing with Brooklyn is priceless.

Keep that postive attitude. Shunning hurts, expecially when it's family and long-lost friends. There are a few I would love to get in touch with, but they are still in and would run the other way. It's silly, really.

Congrats on getting to play your music. Do you write as well?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    HOWEVER, a couple of wines, my brain slows down, I contemplate different scenarios and I always come to the same conclusion.

maybe you could try beer or whiskey

I share many of the feelings you expressed. Thank you for sharing.

lisa

• sparrow
    sparrow

Love the pic! My dream basement

momzcrazy - I'm with you all the way

And cheers all - don't be sad, enjoy this life we have...

• sparrow
    sparrow

and sorry Dinah - i used too and will again. Trying to find it again. It's hard to find enough emotion to write music when it's supressed so long. At the moment I love playing my version of songs other people love and enjoy

• brinjen
    brinjen
    HOWEVER, a couple of wines, my brain slows down, I contemplate different scenarios and I always come to the same conclusion.
    maybe you could try beer or whiskey

Sparrow, here's a present...

alt

I can definitely relate to what you're saying, thank you for sharing that with us.

• sparrow
    sparrow

cougar...yum...looks like i'm working at home tomoorow

• Uther
    Uther

Doggone Sparrow that is really laying it all out there........good form...well done......I just learned a LOT about JW's just from reading your post.......my wife's whole family is in with'em...and I've heard stories..but reading your post really brought a lot of stories I'd heard to light...and gave me a much better understanding of what their about....good stuff....Great post!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit