For real one.

by LouBelle 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

real one you are always going on about saving people and doing the lords' work for him. Everyday I get a devotional from a friend and when I got this one I thought about you straight away. This is in no way an attack on you but it is something to ponder - I've mentioned before it's not up to you to save anyone.

Peter had strong opinions about others. Maybe you are like him. One day he started meddling in John's business, saying, "Lord, what about him?" Jesus answered, "What is that to you?.follow Me!" There's an important lesson here. Learn to identify 'who owns what.' If it's their garden let them mow it, or live with the weeds. If someone can only get what they want by playing the martyr or guilt tripping and manipulating others, that's their issue; don't make it yours! If they're living with consequences, it's their consequences not yours! If they deny their problems or can't think clearly on a particular issue, the confusion is theirs. It's your responsibility to love and pray for them, even offer help, but it's not your responsibility to fix or rescue them. If they don't seem capable of showing appreciation or apologising when they're wrong, that's their problem. Only when they have an attitude of gratitude a nd the humility to acknowledge their mistakes, will they grow. In the meantime it's their garden, stop trying to mow it! If your hopes, your peace and your happiness are dependant on anyone other than God, learn to detach. You're a joint-heir with Christ, not a joint-tenant with Him (See Ro 8:17).Has it occurred to you that God could be waiting for you to get out of the way so that He can go to work in their situation? The truth is, you are powerless over them, but God's not! He may let them stumble before He lifts them, but He'll do what's right and what's best. So follow the Lord - and mow your own garden! SoulFood Reading: Jos 22-24, Jn 16:12-18, Ps 105:1-7, Pr 30:1-4

(and for all of you with dirty minds about mowing the garden - sis)

• Rooster
    Rooster

I keep my garden mowed!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've been known to mow my lawn on the (very) rare occasion, but who the hell mows a garden??? Right now I can hear thousands of tulips, geraniums, and pansies screaming "Persecution!!!"

W

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

I agree with your illustration.

My only problem is uninvited mean people keep stomping through my garden!

I'm trying to rise the fence on it though. ;)

• real one
    real one

so am i suppose to listen to you or Jesus who tells me to :

Matthew 19:-20, Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptising them in the name of the Father, the son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world.

• free2beme
    free2beme

From what I have read of this real one's post. They have nothing to do with saving people, and 100% to do with masturbating to his own mental playground.

• real one
    real one

free:

I am here to extend to you the same invitation I received from Christ.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

real one,

You want to extend the invitation Christ gave to you? That is fine. But did Christ hit you over the head with a rock to get you to listen, or did he lovingly speak to your heart?

I guess the latter.

The point is this, you are way to pushy with your views. Many here have been hurt by religion and people claiming to be God fearing. While your motives may be good intentioned, your approach is absolutely terrible! Christ said we must show Love to others. It is not loving to start threads intended to stir up people's emotions and upset them.

If you truly care about helping others and following Jesus' example, why not get to know people on the board and see if you can help them in any way. And maybe, just maybe an opportunity may avail itself for you to share the message of Jesus with others. Or, maybe not and you will at least have been able to help your fellow mankind for no better reason than just the fact that you wanted to help.

I would like to say also, that one way I disagree with you is that I do not feel I must personally "save" the world. Christ told us to preach the gospel as a "witness" to the nations, meaning that they may know what the gospel is. And he did say to make disciples, or other followers of him. But I don't see where Christ said WE must SAVE anybody. Making disciples and being a witness is not SAVING mankind. Ultimately God is in control of a man's future salvation, not US (Christians). And I thank God for that because sometimes I am not sure if I can "save" myself, let alone anybody else. Peace, Lilly

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

real one - I don't think you read the whole post because you missed the point totally.

Peter (like you do) said well what about them and jesus told him pretty much not too worry but that Peter should follow him - kinda like saying, worry about your own salvation. real one I agree with lovelylill, your approach is terrible - I wouldn't listen to you, you bible bash. There are always different ways of approaching something.

Hi Ruth!! Yay you're on

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I know you mean well LouBelle (you're a cutie by the way), but all fun aside.

Christ-junkies can be a tough lot to deal with.

You can present many items, scriptures, anecdotes, personal experiences and they're like scolding an animal.

They hear their name, but not much else.

As far as I know, there's little 'Harm Reduction' interventions out there for Christ-Junkies.

There are believers; don't get me wrong: it's just that they operate probably like him. < that's probably the key.

There are those who think they know him; but will ram his edicts down your throat or wear it like a placard (LOOK AT ME)

Anything for public credits. Perhaps.

Waiting...waiting..waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit