Hello !

by lancelink 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Thank you for sharing a bit of your history, and welcome to our little group. I hope to hear more from you soon.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

So are your parents still JWs? I didn't get from your story how old you are. Do you still live with them? How's your relationship?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi, welcome and thanks for sharing your story

• Maddie
    Maddie

Welcome to JWD and interesting that you wanted to become a priest before the JW's got you. Have you thought about going back to being a catholic?

Maddie

• Casper
    Casper

Welcome Lancelink,

Thanks for sharing your story. Hope things work out for you.

Cas

• flipper
    flipper

LANCELINK- It sounds like you are an informed, intelligent , critically thinking person who has been discovering the " real truth " about the " alledged truth " . Thanks for sharing your story and we look forward to more posts from you friend. Welcome indeed ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• lancelink
    lancelink

Hello everyone, and thanks so much for the comments !!

I tried to compact 30 years into several small paragraphs, so the story might be a little choppy,sound somewhat whiny, or have some pretty big holes in it. But i can honestly say that the next 30 years will not be the same old thing!

I.m in my 40's now,(have my own house) and finally have seen what being a witness is really about.

Somewhere on the site someone made mention of the movie " The Shawshank Redemption" and it is somewhat like being a witness, I totally agree with that one !
    Kind of like the character Brooks, he had a really difficult time on the outside.
    But with the comments, and support from the members of this board, hopefully I'll be able to make a decision soon.
    I have been taking philosophy and religious classes at a local college, and it is just amazing all the different beliefs, opinions, and thoughts about God that are out there. As an assignment we have to attend a religious service somewhere that we never have gone to before.
    I'm going to the local Jewish temple soon, that religion has always impressed me.
    As far as becoming a Catholic again, I really was attached to that religion,( alter boy, usher,homily reader, youth director) but a good friend of mine who was a priest for over ten years went and married a nun,and the church removed him for being a "defective person",,, now he is pastor of an Evangelical church, and his wife is the director of their youth education. He is such a good, honest hearted man, this whole situation has me really thinking.

Again, thank you everyone for the comments !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit