Minding your own business (JW mind control)

by MsMcDucket 24 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Here I am an apostate that just found out that an elder's 18-year-old daughter is dating an unbeliever. I don't know why this is bothering me!? Is it because I want to call them and cause trouble? I think so! I don't even deal with these people anymore! Strange isn't it?

• Pickled
    Pickled

I don't know your situation but what you're saying doesn't sound strange.

It sounds like when the Principal sends you to detention for running in the hall, and then later you find out he is having an affair with the Librarian. Makes you want to egg his house.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Maybe you're really wanting to call the 18 year-old and congratulate her and encourage her to run off with the unbeliever! So long as she doesn't suck him into it....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Most kids grow up to get out of the cult.
    Elders kids are just like most kids.

There's a rule that the Body of Elders must examine an elder's qualifications everytime the
    elder's family at home gets involved in judicial matters.

There's also the unwritten rule that elders and servants whose kids leave Jehovah
    (baptized or not) should be considered for their qualifications. In other words, a P.O. or
    any elder whose kid was not raised according to the way should resign or the body should
    ask him to step aside.

I found that this examination of the elder was often a token look. I found that most elders
    said they raised the kid according to the way, but they flipped out. I found that a huge number
    of elders would throw the kid out before losing their eldership.

I vowed that I would resign if my wife got in any trouble, not even waiting for them to say I
    could stay. I don't have kids, but I would have done the same. It's just a work assignment- their
    special privileges.

• Pickled
    Pickled

OTWO, I like your little flame Icon. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I have this love hate relationship going on with the parents. They were my friends. I let them in to my little world. I still feel sympathetic towards them; and yet, it's like you said, Pickled, I want to "egg their house". I wish that I'd never found this out!

• loosie
    loosie

I don't think it is strange. You're just wanting to point outto the hypocrite what reality is.

• Pickled
    Pickled

MsMcDucket.....You have to let them sit out in the sun for a few days first......;-)

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I was told that this young man smokes "them weeds" as my mother use to say; and that the elder's daughter curses. I was told not to bring this up (swore to secrecy so to speak). I'm going to have to do like the guy in the fairy tale and dig a hole in the ground and whisper it there and let the streams whisper it back out!

• Casper
    Casper

Hi MsDucket,

have this love hate relationship going on with the parents. They were my friends. I let them in to my little world. I still feel sympathetic towards them; and yet, it's like you said, Pickled, I want to "egg their house".

Have no idea how they treated you after leaving the witnesses, but if it was bad....maybe you feel like "Finally" justice has been served.

On the other hand, maybe you feel guilty for thinking that.......... just grabbing at straws here

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit