Wedding Anniversary

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

When we got married we were so happy. We were healthy and energetic. Every year we would have a big party at our home for our anniversary and invite family and friends. Our wedding anniversary was yesterday. We got one email congratulations....from her kid sister. There was no celebration. She is too sick to do much of anything anymore. I gave her a ring last month like I always do. Sort of our little tradition. On the weekend I took her to her favorite salon and she got the works. Now her hair is burgundy and she is stunning, like always. I bought her Resident evil: Extinction online and it arrived later than I had hoped, but still it got here on the 10th. She watched it twice! She has been a wonderful wife, not too demanding, and not a Jehovah robot either. She keeps getting sicker all the time and her back is hurting more. She is only 45 and she tells me she won't live past 50. I don't know what I am going to do if she dies before I do.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Happy anniversary TotH. It's good you have a measure of health and happiness. I hope you can appreciate each precious day as it comes along, and not be overly anxious about what happens if her prophecy becomes self-fulfilling. Life is so unpredictable, tomorrow is promised to nobody. If things change (as they always do), we find ways to adapt -- humans are amazing that way. In the meantime, happy anniversary today!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Happy belated anniversary.... you say you dont know what you will do if she dies before you do...

Same as we all do... Hang in there & hope for the best. & if your a believer you hope to see her again, .I do hope her health improves though

• Casper
    Casper

alt

I am so sorry your wife is sick, I know this must be a stressful time for you both. I have been widowed twice, I have learned to not look pass tomorrow too much, and just be glad I have today.......with the one I love.

I whole heartedly wish you both the best, sounds like you have a "Wonderful" relationship. Treasure your moments together.

Cas

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Happy Belated Anniversary.............

I'm sure this is a stressful time for you. I have had to go through several health issues myself, and was not fully aware of how much stress my husband was going through. You just being there with her, means more to her than you know. It sounds as if you have a great marriage & love each other dearly. All you can do is take one day at a time. Your wife needs to keep her spirits up and keep a positive attitude, this will help her illness and her determination to fight.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

ah my friend - what a wonderful celebration - even if there was no party and whoop whooops. I didn't realise your wife was sick? All my love.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I don't know what I am going to do if she dies before I do

When you've shared a life with someone along time those kind of thoughts come natural, I try not to dwell on those thoughts and live for today

and live & love now, tomorrow is another day.

Happy Anniversary (even if it is from a complete stranger)

Anniversary Cliparts and Graphics

Hope4others

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

So sorry to hear your wife is not well. Happy belated anniversary. Every day is precious, and you can make it when you take 'em one day at a time. Remember, today is a gift- that's why they call it "the present".

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Please forgive me..I haven't kept on all the posts. Did you mention before what was wrong with your wife?

Does she actually have a disease or does she just fell that way.

My heart goes out to you, when my hubby was sick I felt like my hands were tied . There was nothing I could do for him except try to make him more comfortable and show him how much I loved him.

It sounds like you are doing that. Don't get discouraged. I'm sure every little thing you do for her is greatly appreciated. She may feel too bad to tell you but I am sure she does appreciate it.

Happy Anniversary also. Hubby and I were married for 45 years. And it's never long enough when you love the one you are with. Just appreciate each other one day at a time..

Hug to you and your wife..Snoozy

• loosie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit