Losch hawaii zone visit

by isaacaustin 22 Replies latest jw friends

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

They make it up as they go along decade after decade .Reading the contents of Sloschey Loschey's talk took me right back to the late 1950's and anybody reading similar in the fifties must have been taken back to the thirties , twenties, etc.Who will be giving the same message in 2060 I wonder, it won't be Sloschey boy you can bet your boots on that because he will end up like every other being on the planet.

How I would love to heckle the guy and ask what happened with the empty rhetoric of the past and ask the question " did you have to work hard on the self delusion bit or does it come naturally? Which near future would that be again, is it the near future from the beginning of the 20th century.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

We can look forward to growing back hair,

Hmmmmm....., I really don't think I want back hair and I'm sure the ladies don't ...

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Breakingaway, that was funny why did I not spot that?

• dust
    dust
    The sun will be darkened, the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven. The 2/15/94 Watchtower, page 20, indicates that this will likely be frightening phenomena in the sky more impressive than what was observed in Jerusalem.

and

We can assume that there will be a gradual resurrection (Insight book estimates 200-300 years)

He refers to the Watchtower and the Insight book as though they were the Bible.

• loosie
    loosie
    every day 3,000,000 hours are spent in the ministry

Yeah right, how much of these hours are made up hours. You know those imaginary service hours that people put in.

Disgusting thing standing in the holy place

this was the WT when they joined the UN

Political nations within the UN will devastate Christendom

Is this why they joined as an NGO? to cover their butts so they couldn't but persecuted.

• VM44
    VM44

Interesting how the chairman essentially "requested" that Losch's talk not be distributed.

Obviously The Watchtower doesn't want what he says documented.

So...that being the case, can a transcription of Losch's talk be made and placed online?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I'm just wondering...is Losch emerging as one of the more prominent members of the Governing Body?

• VM44
    VM44

With over 10,000 who heard Losch speak, there must be someone who has a tape they would let someone borrow for an hour.

• Black Sheep
  • lurk3r
    lurk3r

Thank You Black Sheep.

"There's many predictions that people in the world make, and some come true, others not. So we never can rely on what people in the world say. But we can rely on Jehovah's word " and then emphasizes that Jehovah cannot lie." @ 1:40

They have not made any predictions that have come true. Plenty that have failed though. Do you think he skirts around this by saying "we can rely on Jehovahs word" and not bringing the "organization" in to that sentence?The average JW already equates them as being one and the same.

Do you think he is conscious of this when preparing the talk, intentionally "covering his ass?"

lurk3r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit