My life flashed before my eyes yesterday.. close call.

by AK - Jeff 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

You've definitely lucky today, I think the force was with you. It is shocking how much damage a large animal can do. I know a couple headed home up north who hit a moose it was

at night so response time is almost nil. It was quite serious the wife had to have reconstructive surgery on her face she was lucky to be alive. Car was pretty much totaled.

Glad your still here!

hope4others

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Life is a bunch of moments. It's easy to forget that and think that everything is predictable and you don't need to pay attention to the unexpected. But then something comes along that whacks you by the head and makes you realize that this is not true. Being attentive to the unexpected is essential to keeping that stream of moments flowing. It could be noticing a massive bull in the road. Or it could be having regular colonoscopies and breast exams to be on the lookout for cancer. Whatever it is, it's a matter of being an active participant in life, and not laying back and accepting whatever comes.

Glad you saw the bull!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thats a scary story. Glad you are still around to share it with us!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Keep the tiger in the board - that was too close!

I've seen too many cars totalled (at slower speeds), and people hurt, from collisions with cows, horses, deer - where I grew up in N CA, quite rural at the time.

Glad you are safe!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I got to thinking about another aspect of this: If I had died - well so be it. I would not have known it would I? But the local Jdubs would have made hay for years with it - I can just hear the gossip - "See what happens when one leaves Jehovah?" "I heard he was drunk - why else would he have been out at that hour? See what happens when one leaves the Truth?" or similar. They would have given it a lot of gas.

I want to die old and successful [how ever ones defines that], with a smile on my face that says that leaving the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses was the right choice. I would hate to give the bastards any ammunition to fuel the cult.

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

So I imagine you will be driving like a granny for the rest of your life, just to make sure they can't have the satisfaction, eh?

• sparrow
    sparrow

bloody cows. Glad i eat them. Eat more to get revenge and scare them off

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    So I imagine you will be driving like a granny for the rest of your life, just to make sure they can't have the satisfaction, eh?

Well I doubt that. But it would help if the CO is killed in a similar accident just before I am. The two would cancel. Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

So I imagine you will be driving like a granny for the rest of your life, just to make sure they can't have the satisfaction, eh? What a ruddy nerve!!!How does a Granny drive???I will have you know I have been had up for speeding, -every one that knows me tells me I go too fast. Lead foot. ( matches me head
    walks away thinking "picking on Grannies AGAIN:

• ninja
    ninja

funny you should say that akky....my life flashed before my eyes too.....turns out I had the home video on fast forward......phew....close call......he he

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit