China purges cats for the Olympics

by frozen one 14 Replies latest social current

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Poor cats! Goes to show what propaganda from the leaders can do to the people and they believe, the people are afraid? Doe's this sound familiar?

I tried shopping one week to find only items not made in China, its almost virtually impossible? No wonder the economy is so bad.

hope4others

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    Hopefully this book will help the Chinese in their task.

Yeah, that's real funny.So much for compassion , huh buddy ?

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

Human strays threaten to take over Beijing

The capital is facing an uncontrollable increase in the number of human inhabitants.

A recent survey by a non-profit group showed more of those humans have been found downtown.

By the end of last year, about 400,000 humans were found wandering around Beijing's residential areas, in parks or university campuses.

"Chinese humans have an amazing ability to reproduce. If left unattended, a pair of Chinese man and woman can produce hundreds of thousands of babies, or even a million, within seven or eight years," Beijing Human and Animal Environmental Protection Center head Zhang Luping said.

Feline inhabitants have expressed concern.

(Freely adapted from www.chinanews.cn, China Daily 2007-11-20)

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Human strays threaten to take over Beijing

What???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Is it not limited to 1 child per family? 2 at the most?

hope4others

p.s. I'll take that as your trying to be funny, considering your earlier reply. alt

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

The first article about stray cats in Beijing is as found in the news.

This current cat scare reminds me of the bird scare of decades ago. Even schoolchildren were encouraged to take part in the hunt, armed with sticks. Birds ate seeds, imperiled harvest yields, and had therefore to be eliminated.

Do I need to add what happened the next year?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit