What do you remember about the Conventions?

by ScoobySnax 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

When I think back, I remember being excited in the 80's. I remember the 5p food token strips at Twickenham, London. You could get hot fresh doughnuts and burgers. And I loved being in a stadium full of people that made me feel like I wasn't alone anymore. It was always exciting to go, I remember the brothers and sisters being so loving. And another thing, I remember singing my heart out to Keep your eyes on the prize........lol. I used to love the Conventions. I think they were called "District Assembleys" back then...............

• horrible life
    horrible life
    What do you remember about the Conventions?

BOYS!!!!!!

That song was 119 in the pink songbooks, if I am not mistaken.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I remember the brothers and sisters being so loving

I remember getting Old Dutch Salt & Vinegar chips at lunch time. And hot dogs and orange juice. That's the only thing I can remember. A lot of good all that time did for me.

• Casper
    Casper

I used to Love them too. I know many say they were too long or boring or such, I just didn't see them that way.

I worked in all the foods areas at one time or another, arriving there sometimes at 3:00 am and work most of the day. Bone tired when we finally got home, but it as a "Good" tired.

I enjoyed all the people, the brotherhood that I felt, and the hope of learning something new.

I miss them, but not enough to climb back in the box...

Cas

• Purza
    Purza

I remember working in the food service (oh those hoagies, bean burritos and shasta colas!)

I remember having to wait in line at 6:45 a.m. to get a "good" seat and hearing the daily text read before the stampede started.

I used to like the conventions and the interaction with "friends". That being said however, I don't miss them one bit.

Purza

• DJK
    DJK

I remember circling the spot on the programme that said,, INTERMISSION

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

That was good Cas. I remember happy times too.

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

There sure were some fine memories, in working in various assignments. But then came the downsizing. The only jobs now is cleaning, and Attendants. The sisters can't direct traffic so you know what is left. A contribution box, or cleaning.

But, you still can sing "Keep your eyes on the Prize". Except the sisters guarding the contribution boxes, they can sing it, but must keep their eyes on that box.

Ah..the good ol days.

• loosie
    loosie

I remember getting new clothes and scoping out the boys.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Bean burritos with the little packet of hot sauce - I can still taste 'em.

Working in the kitchen making coffee and sandwiches. We had to be there early, but got to miss lots of boring talks.

Getting away from the parents for a little while and talking to girls.

Having my elbow knocked off of the arm of my chair when my parents caught me sleeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit