My life - a brief history. Part 2

by Galileo 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Open mind
    Open mind

Galileo:

"I know many of you can relate. I hope it may help some who are going through this right now."

Thank you very much for sharing your story. So many moments sounded like they were right out of my diary. (If I kept one. I don't.)

gopher:

"It's better to be true to oneself, at any price, than to live a lie and thereby die a slow death."

Great food for thought.

If it's not too painful Galileo, I'd love to hear more about how things went with your wife.

Thanks again,

OM

• dawg
    dawg

Galileo, you and I are going toe to toe if you leave another story hanging! LOL!!!! I know the mark of a great writer is to leave the audience hanging, wanting more, but man... LOL... Just kidding, I'm enjoying your story.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    If it's not too painful Galileo, I'd love to hear more about how things went with your wife.

Actually it's very painful, still, but I will share it in part 3, which will probably be the conclusion (I won't know until I write it).

Galileo, you and I are going toe to toe if you leave another story hanging!

Ha ha! I know. I lied earlier when I said I hate to stop on a cliffhanger. I love it! But the conclusion is coming soon.

• Deidra
    Deidra

Your story breaks my heart like mines and so many other stories I've heard. Thank you for telling your story. I'm sure it helps your healing process to tell your story. I look forward to hearing more from you. We have to feel blessed everyday that we a no longer a part of that life-wrecking cult.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

It hurts my heart to think that you lost you wife in this mess. That is one reason I do not share my feelings with my wife. We agree on a few issues but she is so terrified that her dad will shun her she always snaps right back into line. It is sad.

I hope you don't consider suicide, Buddy. That is no answer. If you need to talk or just vent, we are a gang in here!

• Galileo
    Galileo
    I hope you don't consider suicide, Buddy. That is no answer.

Don't worry about me. Those days are years behind me now.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I've often wondered if there are athiests among JWs. Thanks for enlightening me.

Looking forward to part 3.

ql

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Galileo, thanks so much for sharing your story. I am living a similar situation. Parts of your story are a very accurate portrait of my actual life. It is becoming increasingly harder for me to give talks. I will soon step down as an elder. It will not be easy, because I am married and have several children, and my wife is a die-in-the-woods witness, whose entire family is in. Your post provides me with even more assurance that my case is not unique, which helps me add up to the level of courage I need to walk away from the cult.

One more thing: I suggest that you seriously consider writing a book. Your prose is delightful and entertaining, especially your shift to atheism while still inside.

Thanks,

Hiddenwindow

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing Part 2.

Get your rest, drink plenty of fluids, and beat that flu.

Clearly, you have much too look forward to now.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    But the fact that I was thinking about it so much made me realize I couldn't continue on like that.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your interest in my story. It is the first time I've told it to anyone. I know many of you can relate. I hope it may help some who are going through this right now.

Alot of us here have thought about suicide, and sharing these things does help, it lets others know that they are not alone, and others here know how you are/were feeling and that it does get better.

Thanks for sharing.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit