Help!! How can you make a witness tell the truth?

by Bridgette 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

We have been considering a DNC campaign in our area, and when the household signs the list requesting the JWs do not call on his door, we then hand him a small leaflet outlining basic lies the JWs teach.

Still not sure what to put on this leaflet though. There is so much material that could be used, but it has to be something succinct, that hits home to the householder, that he will understand without having a background knowledge of JW prophesys.

You have got to remember that we all have years of experience of JW doctrines and teachings - so as soon as WE heard of JW involvement with UN, we were all shocked, but the average person in the street will NOT automatically realise the hypocrisy behind it.

Even the average JW may not realise the hypocrisy behind it - many of them "switch off" at meetings, so they do not fully realise what they are being brainwashed with.

For example:

I was having a conversation with my exhusband a few months ago. I dropped in conversation about the "society" (annointed in particular) pronouncing themselves as the Faithful and Discreet Slave class, dispensing food at the proper time. My husbands reply? "They have NEVER claimed to be the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class". He has also claimed that rules regarding disfellowshipping and disassociation have changed. And that the Society have NEVER changed their viewpoint on blood transfusions and what is and isn't acceptable. I had all the info there to show to him, but he refused to look.

How could I get anywhere in a discussion with him about JW lies and hypocrisy? He doesn't understand what he is supposed to believe in the first place, for me to then "unteach" it to him!! I gave up!!

So going back to the leaflets - anything in them has to be understandable to the householder.

Anyone got any ideas/brainwaves/miracles up their sleeves????

Nowfree

• Richie
    Richie

Bridgette, you were talking about finding out if you could find a concise summary on most of the falsities the Society had been involved in; I found this information from Bill Parker - check his comments under my post "Shunning is worse than the worst crime committed" -
    The information given will be most helpful in repudiating the WT's claim that it is God's "mouthpiece", because it certainly is NOT!

:*) Richie

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Thanks for the input, guys. If I had their CD ROM, I would try to put together something (between family, work and school). I want them quoted from their own literature to support the insane claims they make. I'll visit Bill Parker's website.
    Along the lines on the comments from Nowfree and Marilyin; their circular (il)logic and refusal to even look at facts, reminds me of their tales of trying to witness to hard nosed people.
    Hypocrites.
    Love,
    Bridgette

• Richie
    Richie

Bridgette, in addition to my previous reply to you, I would also strongly suggest that you look up the comments of uncle_onion under the posting "letters", where you will find a revealing letter which he wrote exposing the falsehoods of the Society at length...

Hope you will read this as it is quite a fascinating summary of flip-flop reasoning and backtracking on the part of the WT. In fact I was beginning to find everything quite comical just to see how the Society finds excuse after excuse but always reasoning on the light getting brigher and brighter or putting the blame on the rank and file witnesses...

:*) Richie

• Celia
    Celia

In the leaflet I am thinking about putting together, I'd like to have on the left side, say, 10 things that are unique to JWs, and opposite, on the right side, what it really means...
    mmmmmmm.... well, let's see...

Respect for blood.... You must let your child die rather
    than allowing him to have
    a blood transfusion.

JWs are the most loving,helpful people,
    If... you follow blindly the rules and regulations of the Society...

Good News of the Kingdom.... Slaughter of 99,99 % of the
    world's population

Just a start, it would talk about DF and shunning -- no money collected at the Kingdom Hall.... Yeah right !
    and much more. Can't think right now.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I'd like to enumerate those items, also. But in a non-abrasive manner. A simple: this is what is taught (with a WT reference) and how it plays out in reality. i.e., "we're the most peaceful people on earth" WT referece
    and on the other side what they don't tell you is their views on governments: they are under the direct control of Satan the devil (WT reference or quote).
    Also, a reference to what making this peaceful new world entails (a few thumbnails of their hateful pics of worldwide devastation replete with geleeful witnesses in foreground) and direct quotes from their literature that unless you are baptized as a Jehovah's Witness, that is what awaits you. Also a quote (and an indicating pic) about the fate of babies of non jehovah's witnesses.
    I can see where it could get difficult to keep it succinct. But the more I think about this, the more I want to do it. I have some major papers coming due in school, and projects here at work. But it's something I'm going to attempt in the future.
    I want to reiterate, that I have no interest in bringing down this religious corporation (anymore than I have to bring down tobacco industry). I just want warning labels on the package. And no selling to minors (including their own).
    Bridgette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit